New White Hart Lane - Delayed

Soldato
I agree, the Liverpool game isn't a major issue however the date changes for the other fixtures are. And I was referring to the Utd - Everton game that's supposed to have been moved when I said 'what about other games...'. I have no idea if they have gone on sale already btw, I'm just speculating but if they have then their supporters will have massively been put out as a result of this. And while you may not book anything without having your ticket, numerous fans do and have. You say that fixtures are subject to change due to TV but aren't acknowledging that these matches were already moved due to TV and it's fair to assume that the date & time that was originally set would be the date and time the game will be played. The vast majority of City supporters that would have been traveling to the Spurs game would have probably known, even if they hadn't physically purchased their ticket, that they met the criteria to get a ticket and are very likely to have made plans for this game. The situation is far worse for Utd supporters - they have large numbers of supporters that travel from Ireland & Scandinavia (and other parts of the world) every week and these supporters would have made plans and purchased packages (packages being sold even if tickets weren't officially for sale) well in advance.

You're right, it's a rubbish situation but as I said in reply to you originally, the lack of clarity (and imo honesty) from Spurs has caused these issues. These problems being faced now are exactly the reason why, if Spurs weren't in a position to guarantee that the stadium would open on time (and that includes leaving enough leeway for possible hiccups along the way) then they should have been forced to open next season. And if they did provide guarantees that the stadium would open on time then they should be faced with some penalties - points deductions may seem extreme but at the very least a fine well into the millions.
Totally agree with this as I said earlier in thread united supporters were coming from abroad the game was switched from 3 o'clock saturday to 530 so could be on tv then spurs were on Sunday but then couldn't play Sunday so United's match got switched to Sunday at 4 to replace spurs match and the united fans had booked flights which are no use now to them

Soldato
Totally agree with this as I said earlier in thread united supporters were coming from abroad the game was switched from 3 o'clock saturday to 530 so could be on tv then spurs were on Sunday but then couldn't play Sunday so United's match got switched to Sunday at 4 to replace spurs match and the united fans had booked flights which are no use now to them

Like myself...booked flights to take my 9 year old son for his first match at Old Trafford. Annoying to say the least!

Man of Honour
In hindsight, Spurs last season at the lane should have been the 15/16 Season when the removed the north East Corner afterwards where capacity was severely reduced. Had they played 2 full years at Wembely, this would have not been an issue. Construction of the South side would have taken place at the same time as the rest.

Personally, I think they need to make a decision now whether to play the rest of 18/19 season at Wembley so supporters know where they are and before the FA say "that's enough".

Soldato
We don't know when they found out no however games not involving Spurs should not be moved around because they're incompetent. Just stick to Wembley for the season and have done.

Man of Honour
It's already been announced that Spurs are trying to move their League Cup tie to Milton Keynes, which Watford aren't too happy about. It's interesting to see whether Spurs are allowed to do this - I remember when we had to play our first few games away from home due to work on our new main stand, we agreed prior to the draw that we would play our League Cup game away from home.

Now approved, seems a bit out of order to me as further to travel for both sets of fans than switching it to Watford would have been. WHL, Wembley and Watford are all travelcard destinations whereas MK is not. Not to mention people could have booked travel / hotels etc in advance.
Not really clear what it means for gate receipts etc either; presumably Spurs won't make much money out of it so that MK Dons can be sufficiently incentivised, so rather than make everyone a loser why don't they do the honourable thing and switch to Watford?

Caporegime
Now approved, seems a bit out of order to me as further to travel for both sets of fans than switching it to Watford would have been. WHL, Wembley and Watford are all travelcard destinations whereas MK is not. Not to mention people could have booked travel / hotels etc in advance.
Not really clear what it means for gate receipts etc either; presumably Spurs won't make much money out of it so that MK Dons can be sufficiently incentivised, so rather than make everyone a loser why don't they do the honourable thing and switch to Watford?

Only way to explain this is that FA officials have had their pockets lined.

Don
OP

It is a strange situation. Any extra revenue from a home tie will be minimal at best, especially once they've paid MK Dons to use their stadium so it's not a financial decision. Equally as a PR move it doesn't make much sense either - I know they've tried to sell it to their fans by saying they wanted to have more tickets available but had Spurs announced before the draw that they'll play away from home regardless, I really don't believe a single Spurs fan would have cared. In fact, asking Spurs fans to play a home game in Milton Keynes is probably going to upset more fans than had they played away from home.

The only possible explanation is that Spurs wanted to have some sort of competitive advantage by playing at home or probably more accurate, not being away from home.

Man of Honour
The new stadium is going to be wicked. Can't wait

It's a little hard to be excited about now tbh.. I'm off to Wembley on Saturday and have to navigate through two lots of rail closures..including closure of the District line between Aldgate and Baker St and this is after spending a day trying to get a ticket that I would have otherwise been entitled to.

Man of Honour
Dear Season Ticket Holder,

We should like to take this opportunity to apologise to all Season Ticket Holders for the delay in receiving this year’s Membership Packs.

We are now pleased to say that we have now started issuing your packs, complete with 2018/19 Stadium Access Cards. You will be alerted via email once your pack has been despatched.

We've been here before so we'll see.

Caporegime
Delayed until the new year now.

So they will actually very likely be out of the champions league before a game is played there after proclaiming in adverts how it’s the “only place in London to watch Champions league football” :D

Caporegime
Delayed until the new year now.

So they will actually very likely be out of the champions league before a game is played there after proclaiming in adverts how it’s the “only place in London to watch Champions league football” :D

It will be delayed till next season now. Builders do basically nothing in the winter. That's a fact.

Soldato
Just delay it till next season already. Fans know where they stand then.

Oh and part refund season tickets for the inconvenience.

Hasn't the cost of this skyrocketed? This is going to have a serious impact on their budget.

Associate
Just by looking at it you could figure they weren't going to play there this year. How they could keep trying to string people along I have no idea. Whole things been a farce and wouldn't be surprised if they aren't in there till after Feb.

Don
OP
Depends how much of the additional costs have to be covered by contractors because of fixed cost contracts/penalty clauses/etc. But yeah, they’ll be affected... but hard to know how much as things stand.
Levy confirmed sometime ago that due to the complexity of the build and timescale involved that the contractor wouldn't work at a fixed cost nor would there be any penalty clauses for any delay.

Soldato
Levy confirmed sometime ago that due to the complexity of the build and timescale involved that the contractor wouldn't work at a fixed cost nor would there be any penalty clauses for any delay.

Really? Bad bit of business surely.

It's just building work at the end of the day, if the contractor wants a blank cheque find a different contractor.

Don
OP
Really? Bad bit of business surely.

It's just building work at the end of the day, if the contractor wants a blank cheque find a different contractor.
Really:

DL stressed this was all at the Club’s risk – Mace wouldn’t work to a fixed price contract with this build as there were too many variables and Mace would not be responsible for any overruns. This is a complicated demolition and build
http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thfcthst-board-to-board-meeting-2-may-2017-report#

You have to assume that due to the complexity of the build, any contractors that were willing to work at a fixed price were asking for well in excess of what Levy thought they could get it done for.

Back
Top Bottom