Crazy Prices just for me to go to uk

Soldato
After Brexit, Cockney gangsters are going to head to Guernsey instead of Spain. In 50 years time, it will be an island with Cockney slang and Jellied Eel machines on every street corner.

Their International footy team will be West Ham.

Soldato
OP
After Brexit, Cockney gangsters are going to head to Guernsey instead of Spain. In 50 years time, it will be an island with Cockney slang and Jellied Eel machines on every street corner.

Their International footy team will be West Ham.
That sounds far better then what it is now....

Facebook + internet & very high prices have taken over the island these days and hardly anybody goes out.
It like a ghost town in the evenings & nights from Sunday to Friday :(:(

Last edited:
Soldato
I would just move, I don't understand why people spend their lives living in the middle of no where. It's not like you need to move to London or something, but being within 30 minutes of a city is nice.

Soldato
That because you choose UK to Guernsey and only one way
With a return on Monday your fare would be £347
I might not have clicked everything, as I didn't want to accidentally book something or risk getting adverts for Condor Google-fed to me.
But that's still cheaper than what you had down...

Even if just 225 passengers paid £450each for there tickets that £100,000 then you got the other 650 passengers seats & Freight lorrys etc
Well that pays for two electrical engineers on the ship... There's probably a good 30 crew on that one ship alone. Add in all the sea, shore and general admin/financial costs of running a ship (any ship, especially a £50m one like this) and it soon mounts up. I'm not going to try and Google the exact running costs, but sea trips are pretty pricey - I was looking into getting a boat of my own the other rmonth, until I saw how much just a private one costs - Go corporate and everything skyrockets!

Plus I expect you're right in the peak season.
Besides - Guernsey only has a population of 64,000-odd. How many people are using this ferry service, given that there's only one ship from one company running the route?

Obviously they're looking to make a profit, but I bet it's not as much as you'd think...

but being within 30 minutes of a city is nice.
That just makes it prohibitively expensive for many people, as it's prime commuter territory.
We live in a 'rural' area because we couldn't afford the rent in town... and Reading isn't even a city!

Soldato
OP
@chaparral You haven’t replied so therefore this offer (which was totally genuine) has now been withdrawn.
Sorry
I meant to replied to ask you what dates you were going be in herm as I was going ask one my mates who has there own boat if he could take me over to herm one evening for a few drinks at the mermaid Tavern.....

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I might not have clicked everything, as I didn't want to accidentally book something or risk getting adverts for Condor Google-fed to me.
But that's still cheaper than what you had down...
It far cheaper to go UK to GU then it is GU to UK ….:(

Condor would say the cheaper price is due to them trying to get more tourists to come over to visit the island..;)

Back
Top Bottom