Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2018, Monza - Race 14/21

Rate the 2018 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
And then cue the procession and the replay of the first corner incident throughout :D

Yeah I'm not watching this one. With the amazing weather we have this weekend. I always thought Spa was a good track. Maybe it's just because it often rained.

Love cheeky 'I don't care' alonso sliding one up the inside on KM :p.

Was surprised to see Renault so much better than last race.

Bottas is no competition for Hamilton. I miss Rosberg!

Soldato
As I suspected before the weekend the Ferrari's aren't much quicker than Mercedes, if at all. Ferrari are good out of the corners, but you could see at Spa that Mercedes were if anything quicker along the length of the straight. Even though the Monza track layout plays into Ferrari's hands (lots of traction areas and where their supposedly superior electrical deployment should have the greatest effect) Mercedes are right there.

Look at the B teams too. Sauber were nowhere, Force India are pushing Haas who have been well ahead of them all year, and Williams have qualified 10 places higher than usual with what is apparently one of the draggiest cars on the grid and a couple of pay drivers.

I hope Kimi or if not him Hamilton wins. Anyone but Vettel. Of course Kimi won’t be allowed to. Ferrari are going to take a lot of backlash if they aren’t careful, Kimi is clearly the crowd favourite.

If a Ferrari wins the Tifosi won't care which one wins. They haven't won at Monza since 2010.

Soldato
Porsche supercup had a bit of drama as about 10 of the field all suffered a left rear puncture! Be an awkward meeting at Michelin tomorrow.

As for the F1 the main entertainment will be to see what scam Ferrari pull to get Vettel in front of Kimi. Think just doing blatant team orders will not go down well with the Tifosi so they might have to be creative :p

Soldato
Only way Kimi wins if Vettel has a problem or loses places, but I doubt Ferrari will do anything other than simply order Kimi to let Vettel past. Why would they? They don't need to hide team orders anymore.
Because the more they give team orders, the slower Kimi will be. Being at the top of your game in F1 is about mindset and if they make Kimi think he's never going to win due to team orders he won't perform at his best, even if he tries. It's much better to manufacture away to get Seb through to keep Kimi on it. It also goes down better with the fans this way.

Associate
I think its a bit harsh on Bottas especially round here,The way I see it is the Merc is about right on pace where Bottas has put it.
Hamilton is just so fast at Monza that he has dragged it to the front, Rosberg himself has admitted as such (takes a lot for someone to admit that)
That's why I think the Red cars will be too fast for Mercedes on race pace with Vettel also taking Kimi before team orders are needed as he looked like he had more time as his lap was a little scruffy.
Hopefully some good racing like the races in F2 or even F3, but I'm not holding my breath.
Hopefully good enough to watch till the end this time.

Back
Top Bottom