Suitable PS4 Games for a 4.5 year old

Associate
As per thread title, little one is 4 and a half, loves lego, superheroes, harry potter and kung fu panda, typical stuff I guess. The only game I have on my PS4 that is remotely suitable is the Kung Fu Panda beat 'em up which he likes.

Any other recommendations for something simple and fun? Doesn't necessarily have to be related to the above of course!

Ta :)

Soldato
snes mini hardly takes up any room, comes with 2 pads and mario kart and a few other classic 1 and 2 player games, plus it's easy to stick another 100+ games on the system. Paradise for any kid, and £20-£25 more than the price of most ps4 games.

Associate
Any Skylanders (later versions are better, just because figures are backwards compatible) and Disney Infinity v.3 - you can pick up older base games cheap as anything, and random figures are always popping up on sale in our local Smyths / Home Bargains / Works - CEX often has pre-owned ones for next to nothing as well.

Games aren't even slightly taxing, but they're fun enough for what they are.

Soldato
Journey (and there is a similar game where you are swimming -Abzu)

Ratchet and Clank

Tearaway.

There are probably a few more, particularly indies, but in my house PS4 is mainly used by me.

At that age I would probably try and get a second hand wii u - nintendo always has loads of decent games suitable for kids, it is way more child friendly. They are often for sale on the MM.

My children are 6 and 8, and have grown up with the wii U (and now switch). Mario Kart (especially with the wheel) is a fantastic game for kids (and adults). Mario 3d world is fantastic game and can be played co-operatively. My kids played it together and completed it together aged 5&7. Captain Toad is also excellent as are all the super mario bros. They have recently got into playing Civ 6 on PC!

Associate
OP
Thanks for all of the replies, picked up the Lego Harry Potter as he loves both of them. Maybe a bit complicated for him considering he's only played Kung Fu Panda which is a real button masher. Had an a hours blast yesterday evening and was good fun with me helping. He's clearly not going to be playing the game properly for a little while but I don't think matters one jot as long as he's having fun.

I'm sure he'll be doing it with his eyes closed in a 10 days time!

Back
Top Bottom