• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
XR 128GB here. My iPhone 6 turns four years old this week. I'd have happily opted for an price-dropped 8, but there's no 128GB option, and the price is still too strong for last years model compared to the XR. They really need to lop at least another £100 off the 8.

Soldato
XS Max 256GB here. Will be sticking with Space Grey as always.

Cannot wait for it. I love my X, it's almost perfect but the one thing I miss is the feel of having a bigger phone. Always used to get Plus models.

You've nailed my feelings exactly. I do love the X but I miss the larger 7+ (Despite the screen size being similar) And I've had 256GB the last 2 phones and whilst I've never filled one up, 64GB would be too small. Shame they don't do the XS Max in 128GB.

So yes. iPhone XS Max 256GB Space Grey. I've never owned an iPhone in any other colour than black or the slate for the iP5

Soldato
Never going to happen.

Software yes, but sensor size is a limitation and always will be
So you're basically saying that mobile camera hardware will not improve ?!?! Reminds me when Bill Gates once said "640K ought to be enough for anybody" [RAM] :p

The Huawei P20 Pro is already pushing into new quality for mobile phone sensors and there is still massive scope for further improvement.

Associate
Certainly looks like it.

I've been down that road.

The fact that I lost my iPhone and the next day I was up and running with another iPhone like I hadn't even lost said phone due to iCloud having everything there, just solidified my stance that staying with Apple/iOS is the thing to do.

Soldato
Looking at getting an XS and a new phone contract at the same time, but I’m a little confused about the eSim thing.

Can I just buy a normal SIM card and then type the number into the phone to set it up? There doesn’t seem to be much information online.

Associate
I'll be swapping my 64gb X for a '8' as i miss the home button - Makes apple pay much more seemless on the touch ID (for me anyway)

Hopefully there will be some good buys on people dropping the 8's ready for the new models.

Soldato
Looking at getting an XS and a new phone contract at the same time, but I’m a little confused about the eSim thing.

Can I just buy a normal SIM card and then type the number into the phone to set it up? There doesn’t seem to be much information online.
There's a normal SIM card slot as well

Soldato
So you're basically saying that mobile camera hardware will not improve ?!?! Reminds me when Bill Gates once said "640K ought to be enough for anybody" [RAM] :p

The Huawei P20 Pro is already pushing into new quality for mobile phone sensors and there is still massive scope for further improvement.
That's not what I am saying at all :p

What I am saying is that the sensor technology used for phones is the same (more or less) as DSLRs with much bigger sensors, and you can't beat physics.

Both can get better, but you're never going to have the same image quality from an equal generation sensor 20-30x smaller in area.

You can say that mobile photography will be good enough, but I guess I was talking about your point comparing mobile and DSLR.

Don
I bought my X on O2 refresh which is kind of annoying because the X wasn't shipped until October last year I can't get the XS until the same time this year.
Oh well. At least I won't have to queue.
64GB XS Max will be the one for me. I love my X but find it a little small. Will probably pick up a series 4 watch while I'm at it. Got a series 1 and love it.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'll be going for the iUP but not sure yet if I'll go XS or XS Max. Either will be 64GB and in Space Grey.

How does iUP work tomorrow morning? Do you just reserve one for instore via a dedicated iUP landing page?

Soldato
XS Max 256 in Silver but there are a lot of moving variables on this decision.
Are Google trolling us on the 3XL? If it is indeed notchless then I will get that. Not going near it otherwise and the resolution on the normal sized 3 is far too low.
What upgrade deal can I get with EE? I receive a £50 month discount through work and an extra 20% via childcare vouchers but this is only when upgrading online so I can't go via retentions.
It also comes down to the screen itself. The *quality* of the screen will blow my 2XL away but the PPI and resolution will not and these matter to me just as much. That's where the 2XL trumped the X and it will still trump the Max to a lesser extent.

My upgrade isn't available until October so my plan is to buy the max outright, return it via the 2 week no quibble and then get an upgrade but that's only if the upgrade price is right and that I like the phone. If I don't then I'll probably keep the 2XL for another year.

Soldato
XS Max 256 for me I think. I need to accept that Apple are killing Touch ID as much as I prefer it, so just a question of whether to jump onboard for Face ID now or keep hold of my 8 Plus for another year. I was flirting with the idea of the normal XS, but the battery life of the Max looks better enough to go for the larger one.

Soldato
I'm going for the iPhone XS 64GB Space Grey :D

Not sure what to do though... I was quite keen on using the iPhone Upgrade Program, however I've just read that you have to visit a store to do it, and I live quite a way away from an Apple Store :( I may see about getting a deal from my bank or something, as I'm not sure I want to pay for it outright at the moment.

Soldato
Does anyone know (i could google myself) if 3/Three will support eSIM? I would like to use the physical sim from my Work phone and my personal sim on the eSIM.

Wish we just got a proper dual SIM really.

Soldato
Does anyone know (i could google myself) if 3/Three will support eSIM? I would like to use the physical sim from my Work phone and my personal sim on the eSIM.

Wish we just got a proper dual SIM really.

Seems bonkers to me that they made a seperate version just for China with a dual-SIM slot... I'm sure there are reasons - It just seems silly when they could have just supplied the dual-SIM worldwide.

Soldato
Seems bonkers to me that they made a seperate version just for China with a dual-SIM slot... I'm sure there are reasons - It just seems silly when they could have just supplied the dual-SIM worldwide.
Yeah, I had to read the line a few times to make sure i was reading it that only China had a true dual sim

Back
Top Bottom