• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Seems bonkers to me that they made a seperate version just for China with a dual-SIM slot... I'm sure there are reasons - It just seems silly when they could have just supplied the dual-SIM worldwide.
Pretty sure carriers pay Apple to use the eSIM... kerching!

No, not yet. I'm in the same boat.

Just asked them and they said it's in the works but no time scale. Seeing as they were never in a rush to support Visual Voicemail (I really miss that) I can't say I have much faith with them supporting it immediately.

EE have a SIM only deal on. £20 for Unlimited calls/texts/ and 20GB Data. I am tempted but 3 have been excellent and I would miss my 30GB monthly tethering. Hmmm. Feel at Home is so good as well

O2 have committed to offering eSIM in H1 2019 but that's the only measurable commitment I've seen from the big providers. Pity. I would ideally like to ditch my work phone and just consolidate down to share a personal one.

O2 have committed to offering eSIM in H1 2019 but that's the only measurable commitment I've seen from the big providers. Pity. I would ideally like to ditch my work phone and just consolidate down to share a personal one.

Which is exactly what I am planning to do. I am in control of the mobile phone contracts for my company so I am going to see if I can either get EE to change my work SIM to a eSIM or I'll switch to EE for both personal and work

Without wanting to start an Android versus iPhone war, when you look at what £750 will buy you in the Android world, (which is the bottom of the iPhone range) then for me I think this is now verging on madness. I'm not one bit bothered if I use Android or my iPhone, but when I look at something like the OnePlus 6 and what may be coming in the OP6T then look at the XR I can't help but think Apple's having a laugh.

I looked in the mirror last night after 'Apple's big reveal' slapped my face a couple of times and told myself to 'wake up and smell the coffee'. I was considering trading in my iPhone 7 for the XR. However, I'm now thinking I'll keep the iPhone 7 and maybe spend around £479 on the OP6T, come the end of October/November.

At the end of the day it's just a phone, not a Rembrandt.

That's not what I am saying at all :p

What I am saying is that the sensor technology used for phones is the same (more or less) as DSLRs with much bigger sensors, and you can't beat physics.

Both can get better, but you're never going to have the same image quality from an equal generation sensor 20-30x smaller in area.

You can say that mobile photography will be good enough, but I guess I was talking about your point comparing mobile and DSLR.
I didn’t say they would ever be equal (Clearly this will never happen, at the same time). You were making up your own conversation there :p
I said they are bridging the gap - mobile sensor’s are certainly currently improving at a quicker rate than full frame sensors.

If in 3 years time mobile sensors are where full frame sensors were 6 years ago then that’s good enough for me. The rate photo image software is developing too is closing the gap even further.

People here are complaining about the cost of the phone. They should check out the cost of the new mirrorless cameras and lens line up. Your taking over £5k for a entry level camera with one lens - that’s just crazy !!!

Without wanting to start an Android versus iPhone war, when you look at what £750 will buy you in the Android world, (which is the bottom of the iPhone range) then for me I think this is now verging on madness. I'm not one bit bothered if I use Android or my iPhone, but when I look at something like the OnePlus 6 and what may be coming in the OP6T then look at the XR I can't help but think Apple's having a laugh.

I looked in the mirror last night after 'Apple's big reveal' slapped my face a couple of times and told myself to 'wake up and smell the coffee'. I was considering trading in my iPhone 7 for the XR. However, I'm now thinking I'll keep the iPhone 7 and maybe spend around £479 on the OP6T, come the end of October/November.

At the end of the day it's just a phone, not a Rembrandt.
I assume you trust these Chinese phone manufacturers not to put in back doors allowing the Chinese/Russians etc to see your data? I don't. There's a reason why the NSA et all don't trust them.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/17011246/huawei-phones-safe-us-intelligence-chief-fears

No thank you!

I'd rather buy something from someone like Samsung, Google or similar.

I assume you trust these Chinese phone manufacturers not to put in back doors allowing the Chinese/Russians etc to see your data? I don't. There's a reason why the NSA et all don't trust them.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/17011246/huawei-phones-safe-us-intelligence-chief-fears

No thank you!

I'd rather buy something from someone like Samsung, Google or similar.
Oh Geez! not Trump paranoia, which when examined more closely is more about the U.S. protectionism for Apple's home market.

I'm not much bothered about back doors etc. I doubt the Chinese have much interest in me personally.

Oh Geez! not Trump paranoia, which when examined more closely is more about the U.S. protectionism for Apple's home market.

I'm not much bothered about back doors etc. I doubt the Chinese have much interest in me personally.
There are articles on it by UK intelligence agencies too.

There are articles on it by UK intelligence agencies too.
Yet BT use Huawei modems for most of their broadband infrastructure and we are happily letting them build our next generation nuclear reactors.

You'll be telling me next you believed that Brexit would deliver £350 million a week for the NHS.

Back
Top Bottom