Corsair K70 RGB problem

Associate
I'm having the same issue - described as 'chatter' I found out.

I downloaded a keyboard diagnostic program called Switch Hitter which lets you set a tolerance in milliseconds to detect it, then flags up affected keys in the GUI after you've used them. Few minutes of pressing all the keys on the board later, it shows about 7 keys affected (luckily not WASD!)

Apparently it's an issue with the switch itself being loose or not making correct contact, a few suggestions from people on the Corsair/other forums;
a) Hit the key hard a lot of times
b) blow air into the switch socket
c) use a small amount of superglue to fix the switch socket in place
d) clean the inside of the switch with contact cleaner/alcohol

I'm going to try a) (lol) and b), but if neither of those work I'll be RMAing it as the problem is a complete PITA when it comes to typing passwords where you can't even see it's double-typed or ghosted.

Associate
OP
I'm having the same issue - described as 'chatter' I found out.

I downloaded a keyboard diagnostic program called Switch Hitter which lets you set a tolerance in milliseconds to detect it, then flags up affected keys in the GUI after you've used them. Few minutes of pressing all the keys on the board later, it shows about 7 keys affected (luckily not WASD!)

Apparently it's an issue with the switch itself being loose or not making correct contact, a few suggestions from people on the Corsair/other forums;
a) Hit the key hard a lot of times
b) blow air into the switch socket
c) use a small amount of superglue to fix the switch socket in place
d) clean the inside of the switch with contact cleaner/alcohol

I'm going to try a) (lol) and b), but if neither of those work I'll be RMAing it as the problem is a complete PITA when it comes to typing passwords where you can't even see it's double-typed or ghosted.

Thanks, what is the warranty on them?

Associate
Just tried keyboard hitter, shows all keys as green = no problem :(

It did that for me at first too - but that's with the default chatter threshold of 8ms (see settings tab) - I changed it to 40ms then it started showing them up.

I believe the warranty is 2 years btw. Will be removing keys to see if I can see a visible wobble to the switches vs non-chatty keys, then trying the 'hit hard' and air blowing on Monday, will report back!

Associate
OP
Mine was the same, fixed by dropping some isopropyl in the dodgy keys, still working well months later.

Trieed that, not working as you can see by my spelling here, had two corsair keyboards lasst one got changed for this one, and now this one it just out of warranty and they won't even reply to my commeent.

Back
Top Bottom