Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Hurray!!!! More people in the NGPC Club :D

Neo Geo Tips:

1) The boxes in the UK are massively cool but complete in box usually is double to game price! I've only got one because it was there (and comparatively cheap) everything else I usually grab cart only
2) eBay is weird and sometimes does great deals (Sonic was a tenner with free delivery)
3) CEX is even weirder, complete disinterest in the system makes some of their prices surprisingly competitive and I keep stumbling across games I can't say no to round the corner from work.
4) Get puzzle link 2!!!!

Picked up Puya Pop today as part of my trip to the office on the other side of London, very pleased to come across it as it's loads of fun. Did resist picking up the boxed console for a colleague (who can go and get it them selves) and a boxed copy of cap com card fighters that was more than the console

Associate
Hurray!!!! More people in the NGPC Club :D

Neo Geo Tips:

1) The boxes in the UK are massively cool but complete in box usually is double to game price! I've only got one because it was there (and comparatively cheap) everything else I usually grab cart only
2) eBay is weird and sometimes does great deals (Sonic was a tenner with free delivery)
3) CEX is even weirder, complete disinterest in the system makes some of their prices surprisingly competitive and I keep stumbling across games I can't say no to round the corner from work.
4) Get puzzle link 2!!!!

Picked up Puya Pop today as part of my trip to the office on the other side of London, very pleased to come across it as it's loads of fun. Did resist picking up the boxed console for a colleague (who can go and get it them selves) and a boxed copy of cap com card fighters that was more than the console

i had a look around ebay and am watching a cheap sonic @ 9.99, also noticed cex has a couple of games at the one near my work so will be picking those up once the console arrives (if they are still left of course)

Soldato
I used to love my NG Pocket. I bought it about 2 weeks before they pulled out of the UK.EU market and actually returned it. Wish I had kept it now. It was a fantastic little console.

anyone know if the NG Mini arcade thing is available in the UK?

Soldato
i had a look around ebay and am watching a cheap sonic @ 9.99, also noticed cex has a couple of games at the one near my work so will be picking those up once the console arrives (if they are still left of course)

Tenner is the best you’ll see the sonic cart for, exactly what I paid and very much recommend it!

Associate
Tenner is the best you’ll see the sonic cart for, exactly what I paid and very much recommend it!

My Pocket arrived thos morning, what a amzing little peice of kit, Am loving Samurai Showdow 2. Sonic has been ordered and might pick up Metal Slug from my local CEX during the week.

Soldato
Sony just announced the Playstion 1 mini classic, containing 2 original controllers and 20 games.

Release date 3rd December.
It’ll be out on December 3 in the US and Canada, and includes games like Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. There’ll be 20 bundled titles in total, but those five are the only ones announced at the moment.

Annoyingly, like the SNES Classic, the PlayStation Classic won’t include an AC adaptor, with the only power option being a bundled USB cable.

The PlayStation Classic will include two original PS1 controllers and a HDMI cable, and cost €99.99 (about £90, UK price TBA).

Soldato
Our pocket clan grows! We will need our own thread at this rate. Welcome brother!

At this rate I think the thread is a very good idea!

Just picked myself up Metal Slug Mission One from my local CEX, they have 2 as well so might go back tomorrow.

Good work, mission one is good fun but mission two is just better all round, they got a little over excited in the game development and really pulled the boat out for the 2. Jealous of Samurai Showdown 2 that is supposed to be excellent

Associate
At this rate I think the thread is a very good idea!

Good work, mission one is good fun but mission two is just better all round, they got a little over excited in the game development and really pulled the boat out for the 2. Jealous of Samurai Showdown 2 that is supposed to be excellent

Samurai Showdown is a quality little fighting game

I may have to go get mission 2 then as I have the exact amount on my trade in voucher

Back
Top Bottom