Titans (2018 (DC ) )

Associate
My favourite comment from youtube "Starfire looks horrendous. She looks like a transsexual hooker who works on the cheaper side of town."

Not really liking the look of this but then I don't think I am the target audience either but willing to give it a few episodes.

Soldato
Poor old DC. Still flogging their second rate superhero universe with half arsed movies.

Meanwhile, everyone's busy watching Marvel.

That sad fact is that when it comes to the actual source material, DC is infinitely better written than Marvel with far more complex themes and properly fleshed out characters through the majority of their titles.

It breaks my tiny fanboy heart this has never really translated to movies in the same way...I watch and mostly enjoy DC movies but they're not even close to Marvel quality.

Yes, I know Titans isn't a movie before it gets pointed out for the umpteenth time. Oh and the trailer looks gash btw.

Soldato
Watched the first episode and it wasn't as bad as expected, it was quite good in fact. Particularly liked
Raven killing her kidnapper by going inside him and then making him vomit up his own liquefied internal organs.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Beast boy (To Old) and StarFire (Should be Orange skinned) and Raven (Should be pale with a Crystal in her forehead) look all wrong, Robin looks good but Dick Grayson was the good guy Robin, if they wanted the Bad Arse robin they should have gone for Jason Todd!...

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Well, that season finale was rather interesting to say the least. And make sure to watch the after credits scene too. :eek:

Thanks had missed that. Must say had my doubts at the start but this has become my favourite DC tv series. Love the elseworld vibe and must admit Batman was awesome with the way they shot the angles and teased with brief glimpses. Can't wait for the next season.

Soldato
Thanks had missed that. Must say had my doubts at the start but this has become my favourite DC tv series. Love the elseworld vibe and must admit Batman was awesome with the way they shot the angles and teased with brief glimpses. Can't wait for the next season.

Yeah, same here. Easily the best DC TV show on this year. Doom Patrol is scheduled for February too, from the same team behind Titans.

Soldato
Really enjoyed this. Probably the best superhero show on TV. Can't wait for Doom Patrol :D

The finale was a bit odd though. Apparently it was a reshoot, and it showed. Felt quite inconsistent with the preceding episodes.

Associate
Ha e to say, if I take the fanboy comic nerd in me out of the equation, it's actually not bad. I just hope it doesn't fall into the police procedural thing.

It's quite Dark, then again gritty is all the rage at DC.

Caporegime
Wow!

This is ******* epic!

It's like watching the punisher dressed up as robin :D :cool:

Give me dark and gritty over stupid boring **** that is the flash and arrow now :o

Don
I've just started watching this with the missus on Netflix, we're both rather enjoying it!

This and Gotham trump all of the Marvel TV series offerings (apart from maybe Daredevil).

Soldato
I watched the first 4 episodes when they were first on and stopped watching as I wasn't enjoying it.

As people have said it got better, as did a friend of mine, I gave it a go from episode 5 onwards when it came on Netflix and I'm glad I did. The best episode was #9, the origin story of Hawk and Dove, but the final episode was a little weak to me.

I look forward to the next series.

Back
Top Bottom