Is anti-Veganism discriminatory . . .

Soldato
My experience of being a Vegetarian was an interesting one. Felt great for the first 3 months then it dawned on me I wasn't eating enough full stop. I lost 4 stone over the course of a year and had to buy new clothes.

Got ****** up and accidentally ordered a meat feast pizza (old subliminal habit) and it dawned on me I could enjoy eating again.

Vegetarian food just tastes like hot garbage. Horrible texture, the same drab mushroomy flavour. Give me a tough old Rump steak that fights your jaw any day.

With the improvement of food science, I still dream they will find a means of creating a tasty friendly burger. Any one who thinks the current Vege grub is anywhere near to the real thing need to get a bacon butty in them.

Soldato
Hang on a minute a veggie South African???? Now I have heard it all, that's were our farm was growing up back in the 80s and 90s.

Back then if it didn't moo, oink or cluck no one wanted it. If you offered any of the farm hands salad they would have murdered you in your sleep (not really but we never tempted fate)

Soldato
Nearly veggie myself. Think it's gonna be new year resolution
mine was brought on by working 6 hours in a meat factory ,where the training session was the cows were arriving on their one way trip ,then the place was a disgrace ,one guy told me they and their familys would avoid supermarkets where the really nasty batches were sent ,they do all the big supermarkets.
more than that its just plain wrong (to me) to kill animals to eat ,what right do we have

Caporegime
Vegan-Stealing-Bananas.jpg

Soldato
Humans are omnivores end of thread.

We have not been around for thousands of years eating carrots and celery, go figure?

Vegans and vegetarians are just stupid period.

Man of Honour
It's not a belief system, it's a lifestyle choice. One that has nothing to do with anybody else.

Hi did you know I'm a Vegan?
Did I mention I was Vegan?
I'm Vegan don't you know?
I'm sure I told you I was Vegan
Here's another picture of cows in a slaughterhouse
and one of pigs
Some more pics of a slaughterhouse
I'm vegan you know
Here's another picture of sheep in a slaughterhouse

Jeez - just STFU.

Soldato
Humans are omnivores end of thread.

We have not been around for thousands of years eating carrots and celery, go figure?

Vegans and vegetarians are just stupid period.

Actually for most of human history we have been eating whatever we can find, foraging. That included hunting for meat but the amount of effort to hunt and kill something outweighed the benefits (in terms of calories) when other foods were readily available.

https://www.ynharari.com/topic/ecology/

And religion isn't a lifestyle choice?

I think that religion should be classed as a lifestyle choice and should have an age limit of 16 or 18 before you can consent to being converted into a religion.

Age of consent is regarded as being from 16 to 18.

The lottery requires age 16.
Other forms of gambling generally 18.
Being able to drive is 17.
Being able to vote is 18.
Smoking is 17 or 18.
Drinking alcohol at a bar is 18.
Having sex is 16 or 18.
Watching an 18-rated film is 18.
Some clubs and societies require 16 or 18.

So I think that religion should be classed as 16 or 18, and indoctrination of a child should be classed as child abuse as it affects them for the rest of their life. I'm all fine about having RE classes learning about the different religions as part of the humanities topics (like geography and history), then the child can make up their own mind at 16 or 18 if they want to be confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom