Is anti-Veganism discriminatory . . .

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . and can Jeremy Corbyn be blamed for it?
A tribunal is to be asked to decide whether veganism is a "philosophical belief" akin to a religion, in a landmark legal action (LINK).
Personally I suspect that Jordi Casamitjana was sacked on the basis of his facial hair.

Soldato
No doubt at some point if Comarade Corbyn, the terrorist's friend*, ends up in power it'll become a hate crime whilst all the condescending & belittling that you see most vegans aim towards meat-eaters will be ignored.

* - Lifelong Labour supporter however even I can see the threat Corbyn poses

Soldato
im veggie not vegan but i must admit i can preach abit ,reminding people about the animals that had to die just for their lunch ,but 5years ago i was doing the same .personal choice yes but the animals dont have that choice , im more likley to go vegan than go cave man again

Soldato
im veggie not vegan but i must admit i can preach abit ,reminding people about the animals that had to die just for their lunch ,but 5years ago i was doing the same .personal choice yes but the animals dont have that choice , im more likley to go vegan than go cave man again

From a purely Darwinian position. Our relationship with domestic animals is actually very beneficial for them. Almost symbiotic.

Caporegime
Story suggests it was right after he informed other staff about their investments but the company say it's for gross misconduct, for which we have no details of.

I would definitely be leaning one way...

Soldato
i just think we dont have the right to breed an animal just to be killed ,its pretty grim and in the future will be looked back on as horrific and very primitive ,trouble is most veggies think they are superior to meat eaters ,im different i know im superior to meat eaters

Soldato
It's not a belief system, it's a lifestyle choice. One that has nothing to do with anybody else.

Griefing meat eaters, now that's discrimination.

And religion isn't a lifestyle choice? There's actually evidence for veganism, so arguably it's worth taking more seriously than 'you offended my man in the sky'.

BTW I'm not vegan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Story suggests it was right after he informed other staff about their investments but the company say it's for gross misconduct, for which we have no details of.

I would definitely be leaning one way...

It could be that going around and divulging sensitive investment information is gross misconduct. If it is, then his reasons for doing so is moot and he would have been fired if he did the same thing for any number of other reasons because he was sacked for his conduct and not his beliefs. I personally don't think this will get anyway and that he even has a leg to stand on regardless.

Soldato
i just think we dont have the right to breed an animal just to be killed ,its pretty grim and in the future will be looked back on as horrific and very primitive ,trouble is most veggies think they are superior to meat eaters ,im different i know im superior to meat eaters
it's okay to breed plants/vegetables/crops just to be harvested and eaten though?

Soldato
I don't think any belief system should be a protected trait, but if we are making religion a protected trait then being a vegan should be just as valid.

Caporegime
It could be that going around and divulging sensitive investment information is gross misconduct. If it is, then his reasons for doing so is moot and he would have been fired if he did the same thing for any number of other reasons because he was sacked for his conduct and not his beliefs. I personally don't think this will get anyway and that he even has a leg to stand on regardless.

Good point - didn't think of that angle. Either way - he's a *** :p.

Soldato
i just think we dont have the right to breed an animal just to be killed ,

Why not? (Really, Why not?)

In return for being provided with reliable supplies of Water, Food and Accommodation against the elements, Access to the best land, and protection from predators, parasites and disease, we get to chose the time and manner of their death and the disposal of their mortal remains afterwards.

It isn't really a bad deal compared to the deal that wild animals get (A life of hardship ending in Death by disease, injury, starvation or being eaten alive in the end by Wolves etc)

OK, the deal is a bit one sided. The Animals dont get to chose. But most deals are ultimately.

I never agreed to the T&C's of living in a "Civilized" society, But I have no realistic alternative than to abide by them.

But for all the cons, Abiding with the T&C's is likely to be in my best interests (Or most of them anyway ;))

And as I said earlier. ultimately ending up on the table isn't a bad price for domesticated animals to pay in return for the benefits both to them as individuals and for their respective species as a whole.

(Though I dislike intensive factory farming and regard that as an exception to the above)

Soldato
The human species evolved over 10s of thousands of years eating meat, we got even healthier when we started cooking it first as well.

The way I see it.

Dumb **** eats the grass, we eat the dumb ****, we **** and that feeds the grass.

The cycle of life :)

We are often told processed meat is bad, well surely processed plants are just as harmful right? What with all the cancer causing chemicals!

Soldato
The human species evolved over 10s of thousands of years eating meat, we got even healthier when we started cooking it first as well.

The way I see it.

Dumb **** eats the grass, we eat the dumb ****, we **** and that feeds the grass.

The cycle of life :)

Unfortunately we're now the dumb ***** ruining our own planet with our greed. Humans evolved over millions of years (mostly foraging) but then banding together and hunting to eating meat occasionally, not every meal.

Soldato
Well what do you suggest we do, stop eating?
Because mass cultivation of plant based foods is just as harmful to the environment.

Having grown up in a farm, having killed animals for the purpose of food, gutted them and prepared it for cooking. I know where it comes from and the conditions most animals are in specially in the UK are better than they would ever get in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom