Holidays 2019

Don
Seeing as the 2018 one is now out of date thought I would start a new one to see where folks are off and maybe get some ideas

We seem to have got booked up very quickly this year

Off to SE Asia later this month

Fly into HK but just passing through and connect straight to Ho Chi Minh

3 nights here

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...iews-Hotel_Nikko_Saigon-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

Then over to Phu Quoc for 6 nights

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...-Duong_Dong_Phu_Quoc_Island_Kien_Giang_P.html

and then onto Bangkok for 6 nights ( connect through HK again on way back)

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...eviews-Sofitel_Bangkok_Sukhumvit-Bangkok.html

In May we go to Dominican Republic for a week

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...a_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

End of June we have 4 nights in Sofia (a lot of friends out there)

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...ews-Grand_Hotel_Sofia-Sofia_Sofia_Region.html

And finally a week in Jamaica in October

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...ter_Bay-Falmouth_Trelawny_Parish_Jamaica.html

Pretty pleased with choices this year though I only have 1 days holiday left at work for the whole year :p

Soldato
Still looking for a week away for a full family holiday with my son.

In the meantime, Seville in 2 weeks time and then Barcelona a month later for F1 testing.

Motorbiking in Switzerland and Austria in August, and then again in the Spanish Picos in September.

Outer Hebrides in July with my wife.

Just finished preparing a holiday home / let in north Norfolk near Holt, so will be spending quite a few weekends up there when it isn't rented out.

Pretty well planned there Rotty!

I'm a big Disney freak and the family treated me to a trip to Disneyland Paris last year. I thought it would be once in a lifetime as I'm only on £15k, but now I've been, I want to go again and maybe do the "big one" (Florida) further down the line. I will try and get back to Paris again this year though as I found out that coach tours operate directly from Stafford for about £500 for 2 days at the park and 3 nights at an on-site hotel which is very do-able on my salary, then food/souvenirs are on top of the £500.

Soldato
Llandudno for me as am to ill to hit a plane. Nice script Rotty enjoy.

Enjoy all hope you have a great time. ;)

Don
OP
I'm planning on a 3 week trip around Europe in the car in August.

I fancy something like that at some point but I'm not very spontaneous re holidays and I think this requires a degree of that

Thanks for the comments re my plans folks. hope yours all go well

Soldato
I’m in Orlando at the minute. Been out here for Xmas and New Year. Back tomorrow - that’ll be our only holiday this year, starting up a new business so all hands on deck for the next 12 months at least :)

Man of Honour
West Coast US in March as need to be there for business so I will extend and head south this time for some big sur/LA/LV I think. Outside of that I have no plans bar the odd road trip as usual but Far East beckons I think this time. Big plans last year had to be shelved due to stuff.

Soldato
We have just come back from dubai which we were there for Xmas and the New Year.

The only vacation I have planned this year so far is a stag party in Dublin in early April.

We will go somewhere else as a family but nothing too extravagant because we have Orlando booked for 8 weeks on 2020. April to June. We do this usually every couple of years and as you can guess it's expensive.

When it's cheaper to buy annual passes for the whole family for Disney....... Ouch

Soldato
Gothenburg for three nights later this month.
My girlfriends favourite brewery has a bar there, and that’s the reason we’re going!

Perhaps a week in Seattle and couple of nights in Portland or Vancouver.
Can get to Seattle for £310 return which is the only reason I’m thinking about it.

Big trip is sounding like flying into Mexico City, spend two weeks working our way to Cancun and ending the trip with a few days in a resort there.

Finally I go away by myself every year and this year I fancy Israel or Lebanon. Flights are pricey so just waiting on a deal!

Luckily I get 28 days normal holiday but can flexi time another ten.
There’ll be a couple trips to London, Newcastle and either Skye or Islay as well - but these will be weekend trips.

Caporegime
No idea this year.

I have 15 days to take before the end of March, so might go somewhere last minute. I also want a mountain bike holiday this year too.

Currently flying once a month to the UK and back though. Also was in Edinburgh for a few days. So the thought of more flying is pretty unbareable right now.

Caporegime
Girne, North Cyprus sometime in June with the family i think.
@robj20 how are you planning to get there out of interest? I ask because you need to be aware that due to the Turkish occupation you have to travel through a UN buffer zone between the north and south, as a tourist if you were planning on flying to southern Cyprus first you won’t be allowed to take a hire car from the south over the border - a local unofficial scam is they will let you out and but not let you back into the south without paying a huge “fine”!

Another thing is only way to fly there is afaik to fly to Turkey first then to the north.

My other half’s parents live in southern Cyprus so we go and stay with them every August for a few weeks last year though we stayed for a few nights in Kyrenia (Girne) at the Dome hotel which was very very cheap - in general not just the hotel - and we thoroughly enjoyed the stay - and buying lots of fake tat! :D - were going back again this year.

They have a Cypriot registered car (without the red hire car number plates) so can go between the south and north without issue.

Also toying with the idea of a cruise, Cunard have some tempting offers at the moment. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
My other half’s parents live in southern Cyprus so we go and stay with them every August for a few weeks last year though we stayed for a few nights in Kyrenia (Girne) at the Dome hotel which was very very cheap - in general not just the hotel - and we thoroughly enjoyed the stay - and buying lots of fake tat! :D - were going back again this year.

Also toying with the idea of a cruise, Cunard have some tempting offers at the moment. :)

Yeah been to North Cyprus many times now, my favourite place though its slowly changing for the worse and becoming more touristy. Usually stay at the Pia Bella.

Soldato

I was skeptical about the idea of a cruise before I went on my first one around the med, since then I have done three or four. Great fun. After our children though we havent because my wife is paranoid and fixated with the idea of our kids falling off the damn boat.

Back
Top Bottom