Veganuary?

Permabanned
TBH, I've encountered waaay more moaning/criticism about vegans than annoyances from vegans :p

Although I've moved towards eating healthier, I'll never go full vegan. I eat meat maybe 4-5 times a week, the vast majority of the time it's seafood/turkey/chicken. Only eat beef and pork maybe a half-dozen times each per year, with the exception being when I go on holiday and then I'll go a bit crazy (e.g. I went to Memphis Tennessee and had tons of pork/beef barbecue). Never been a big fan of dairy stuff.

Caporegime
Best thing to do is just cut down on meat, you can then be healthy, it is better for the planet and you can wind up Vegans by pointing out that you're being ethical too :D

Soldato
these threads are always the same ,big brave meat eaters who eat slaughtered shrink wrapped crap (my 6 hours in a meat factory that supplies the big supermarkets turned me veggie) having a go at people above them in evolutionary terms.
lets face it meat eaters are a dying breed ,just like the animals they eat ,,it will have a stigma like smoking soon ,then in decades to come they will be gnawing on bones in a corner somewhere

Caporegime
these threads are always the same ,big brave meat eaters who eat slaughtered shrink wrapped crap (my 6 hours in a meat factory that supplies the big supermarkets turned me veggie) having a go at people above them in evolutionary terms.
lets face it meat eaters are a dying breed ,just like the animals they eat ,,it will have a stigma like smoking soon ,then in decades to come they will be gnawing on bones in a corner somewhere

Giz a shout when that happens will ya, you evolutionary superior person.

Soldato

Checks username; nods in agreement.

Soldato

Wow, you're a bit up yourself ain't ya? Not taken your supplements today or something?

Caporegime
I like meat, but the oceans will be devoid of life (that we enjoy eating) within a rather short period of time (by 2050 potentially) and there can be no justification made for the cost that comes from rearing Red meats whatsoever. I have no qualms about just eating meat substitute stuff, but they tend to be expensive unfortunately, they taste alright as well.

Fact is the ecosystem is being deleted and if you like it now, i'd suggest getting your fill in soon, it will become far more disgraceful at some point to continue to eat such socially reprehensible goods, if you get your jollies off on triggering people at the cost of your own discomfort then i really don't know what to say.

It's ironic that salads are nearly inedible without eggs and meat :D

You realise there's a plethora of sauces, oils, nuts, vegetables, fruits and what have you you can add to a salad right?

Soldato
My wife watched some some TV program the other day that featured some revolutionary vegan burger. She checked the cost in Tesco and for 2 small vegan patties it was £5.50 so there is no way I'm switching my tasty real beef burgers that cost half that for something like a bean burger.

If the costs of eating considerably healthier options were lower than I'm sure we'd change our minds.

I know there are lots of cheap vegetarian meals to be had that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the meat alternatives are ridiculously over priced.

Caporegime
I like meat, but the oceans will be devoid of life (that we enjoy eating) within a rather short period of time (by 2050 potentially) and there can be no justification made for the cost that comes from rearing Red meats whatsoever. I have no qualms about just eating meat substitute stuff, but they tend to be expensive unfortunately, they taste alright as well.

Fact is the ecosystem is being deleted and if you like it now, i'd suggest getting your fill in soon, it will become far more disgraceful at some point to continue to eat such socially reprehensible goods, if you get your jollies off on triggering people at the cost of your own discomfort then i really don't know what to say.

You realise there's a plethora of sauces, oils, nuts, vegetables, fruits and what have you you can add to a salad right?

Indeed. Oceans are going to really suffer in next few years

Soldato
I watched this a few months ago, been a subscriber to the channel since a bout of Insomnia 18 months ago. It's got some solid science videos broken down and explained excellently in a way that is easy to take in, don't let the animation style put you off.

It may seem one sided at first but it's a fairly well balanced video by the end.

There are some absolutely shocking facts, I really didn't realise the impact meat farming had on the environment. It hasn't made me stop as I simply prefer to eat meat over vegetarian options but it's increased my awareness and I do eat a little less meat than I used to.

• It takes 25kg of grain and 15,000 litres of water to produce 1 kilo of steak.
  • 83% of earths farmland is used to raise or feed livestock.
  • Meat production accounts for 27% of global freshwater use.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not vegetarian but have cut down on meat over the last year and like stuff like quorn anyway, which is both cheap and healthy - despite some of the claims made by the anti-veggie lot.

These days i think you are far more likely to come across the 'Meat eater and proud' types than the just as annoying holier than though vegan.

Soldato
Part of the problem now is that people eat so much of it. 50 years ago, meat (and food generally) was comparatively more expensive and most people ate less or filled up with bread, potatoes and stuff. Meat was not always on the menu. Factory level farming is also part of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom