Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Caporegime
How’s the HDR? I hope it has hdr?

It does, looks decent but it's a dark game so mainly makes the light sources in the darkness stand out a bit more

I completed it in less than 20 minutes with no deaths and no guide, though I did recently replay RE2 Sourcenext REbirth so the layout was familiar.

Associate
It does, looks decent but it's a dark game so mainly makes the light sources in the darkness stand out a bit more

I completed it in less than 20 minutes with no deaths and no guide, though I did recently replay RE2 Sourcenext REbirth so the layout was familiar.

Sounds good. Gonna hold off playing this I think as it’s a definite day1 game for me. Never played Resident Evil before though besides breiefly here and there.

Soldato
Not good with scary games. Uninstalled after 5 minutes

Looked great. Can't believe 13 year old me is braver than adult me
Same. I was also that age when my dad bought me resident evil 2 for my birthday. Completed everything fully no problem.

I think the graphics now are almost photorealistic. Which is the big difference from back in ‘98

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not good with scary games. Uninstalled after 5 minutes

Looked great. Can't believe 13 year old me is braver than adult me

Same. I was also that age when my dad bought me resident evil 2 for my birthday. Completed everything fully no problem.

I think the graphics now are almost photorealistic. Which is the big difference from back in ‘98

I did not find it scary much. I think games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent are a hell of a lot scarier. But I just always say, it is a game and get on with it. It works for me :D

Soldato
I don’t think it’s so much that it’s scary for me, I think it’s more that it’s too gory :p or maybe it’s both. I noped out of the PT and resi 7 demos lol.

Soldato

You 'completed' it? What was the end goal and result?

Anyway, great demo and it's a little bit dark and scary!!! Leon gets out his flashlight and suddenly you hear a zombie groan - poop pants!!

I found 1 x medallion, shotty and ammo.

30 mins went way to fast though.

ETA - ah ok, speed run, completed in less than 3 mins!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Started playing RE HD to get me in the mood. Man it's a pretty nice remaster.
Yeh playing it to. Got up to mansion 2 but man two things I hate are the camera and some of the ridiculous backtracking mostly caused by lack of inventory space.

I know they fixed the camera in re2 remake which is good but if the puzzle element is the same I really don't think I can be bothered.

Also the bit with the dogs and the whistle and the collar is so ******* obscure I had to find the answer in a guide.

Remakes cant fix gameplay elements that have simply moved on since they were first released.

Soldato
Yeh playing it to. Got up to mansion 2 but man two things I hate are the camera and some of the ridiculous backtracking mostly caused by lack of inventory space.

I know they fixed the camera in re2 remake which is good but if the puzzle element is the same I really don't think I can be bothered.

Also the bit with the dogs and the whistle and the collar is so ******* obscure I had to find the answer in a guide.

Remakes cant fix gameplay elements that have simply moved on since they were first released.
I just don't think you like Resident Evil mate ..

Back
Top Bottom