Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Soldato
Yeah. It is obviously not his type of game. All the things he is complaining about make the game what it is. If it did not have limited inventory then it would make the game worse, not better for example!
Really?so running backwards and forwards across a mansion 3 times to solve a single puzzle just bc at that particular moment I forgot to have the right item in my inventory is good gameplay?

No...its just making the drag for absolutely zero benefit. Nothing at all is gained by that apart from door loading screens and 15 minutes of my life wasted. There is no challenge there is no gameplay.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Really?so running backwards and forwards across a mansion 3 times to solve a single puzzle just bc at that particular moment I forgot to have the right item in my inventory is good gameplay?

No...its just making the drag for absolutely zero benefit. Nothing at all is gained by that apart from door loading screens and 15 minutes of my life wasted. There is no challenge there is no gameplay.
Sorry but... :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Chris 6 slot inventory is pretty restrictive in the RE remake, Jill's 8 slots definitely make it easier.

I don't imagine it'll be much of an issue in the RE 2 remake as even in the demo alone you can add 4 additional slots.

Caporegime
Yeh playing it to. Got up to mansion 2 but man two things I hate are the camera and some of the ridiculous backtracking mostly caused by lack of inventory space.

I know they fixed the camera in re2 remake which is good but if the puzzle element is the same I really don't think I can be bothered.

Also the bit with the dogs and the whistle and the collar is so ******* obscure I had to find the answer in a guide.

Remakes cant fix gameplay elements that have simply moved on since they were first released.

Ironically that is what I loved about RE games. It increased the tension. You had to make a decision whether or not to carry a magnum as you wasn't sure if a boss was around the corner etc. Later RE games became a little more Rambo in that regard.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ironically that is what I loved about RE games. It increased the tension. You had to make a decision whether or not to carry a magnum as you wasn't sure if a boss was around the corner etc. Later RE games became a little more Rambo in that regard.
Exactly. More rambo it became the worse it got.

Associate
Played all the RE games at point of release or damn close to them, in my opinion the only 2 truly scary parts of any of the games are in ReMake and in what was a huge surprise for me, in RE7. Both games had the graphical fidelity and atmosphere to pull it off, even ReMake on the GC back in 2001, utterly incredible at the time.

NONE of the other games have been even remotely scary for me, the PS1 just didn't have the power to create believable enough worlds - for me at least. Though I did still love the games.

REMake on GC though? Holy crap, still just a truly stunning and atmospheric game, and RE7 was the best surprise I had in gaming last year, that first few hours was strong medicine.

Fairly ambivalent about the demo of the RE2 remake, plays and looks a lot like Leon's section from RE6, can tell already it's not even close to what RE7 did, perhaps the first person camera plays too big a part.

Completed the demo in 20 mins and even in that short time I had some inventory issues, I'm of the opinion that with adrenaline running 100 miles an hour, picking up an extra key or two isn't exactly going to be an insurmountable burden like the 8 slot inventory would make it out to be.

Still like the game though and will still get it for sure.

Caporegime
Played all the RE games at point of release or damn close to them, in my opinion the only 2 truly scary parts of any of the games are in ReMake and in what was a huge surprise for me, in RE7. Both games had the graphical fidelity and atmosphere to pull it off, even ReMake on the GC back in 2001, utterly incredible at the time.

NONE of the other games have been even remotely scary for me, the PS1 just didn't have the power to create believable enough worlds - for me at least. Though I did still love the games.

REMake on GC though? Holy crap, still just a truly stunning and atmospheric game, and RE7 was the best surprise I had in gaming last year, that first few hours was strong medicine.

Fairly ambivalent about the demo of the RE2 remake, plays and looks a lot like Leon's section from RE6, can tell already it's not even close to what RE7 did, perhaps the first person camera plays too big a part.

Completed the demo in 20 mins and even in that short time I had some inventory issues, I'm of the opinion that with adrenaline running 100 miles an hour, picking up an extra key or two isn't exactly going to be an insurmountable burden like the 8 slot inventory would make it out to be.

Still like the game though and will still get it for sure.

RE0 was basically an expansion pack and just as tense as REmake in my opinion.

Associate
REO is definitely good too, but scare factor diminished slightly for me by having a partner, with Billy being a generic 'badass' and the inventory on the floors was kind of odd, but yes, definitely an underrated classic style RE game. Haven't played it since the GC but have the remaster on PC, might check it out again soon.

Soldato
Chris 6 slot inventory is pretty restrictive in the RE remake, Jill's 8 slots definitely make it easier.

I don't imagine it'll be much of an issue in the RE 2 remake as even in the demo alone you can add 4 additional slots.

You can find a pouch which adds another two slots, then in a locker another pouch, but you need to find some missing buttons for the key pad, Not sure if they are in the demo.

i thought it was really good, ended in 18mins for me, found the shot gun and ammo but never used them as i was thinking don't waste ammo, will try it again though and see how good they are.

Soldato
Yup am doing a lot of backtracking in the RE remake. Got to one room with a candle forgot my lighter had to run back to pick up the lighter got to the room again. Used the lighter then realise I had no room to pick up items doh!!

Soldato
Inventory management has always been part of resi games and has nothing to do with the age of the originals. They could have used unlimited inventory back in the day and chose not to.

It forces you to choose what to carry and use the safe rooms effectively. Health or game items? Even saving was traditionally a choice on whether to carry ribbons or use safe rooms only.

If you forget something and have to backtrack - try harder! :) Or perhaps risk carrying less health / ammo so you can carry more game items.

Unlimited inventory is ez mode and definitely not true to resi games. Im glad they havent dumbed down the inventory system to make it ez mode.

Caporegime
Inventory management has always been part of resi games and has nothing to do with the age of the originals. They could have used unlimited inventory back in the day and chose not to.

It forces you to choose what to carry and use the safe rooms effectively. Health or game items? Even saving was traditionally a choice on whether to carry ribbons or use safe rooms only.

If you forget something and have to backtrack - try harder! :) Or perhaps risk carrying less health / ammo so you can carry more game items.

Unlimited inventory is ez mode and definitely not true to resi games. Im glad they havent dumbed down the inventory system to make it ez mode.

Amen.

Soldato
It's been so long since I played RE2, I played the demo to death (free with Playstation magazine!) I think I was about 12 when it came out so I can only really remember the opening of the game where you're making your way to the station through the crashed bus, getting the shotgun from the gun store etc. I've just played the demo and the main lobby seems familiar but nothing else. Is this actually a remake/remastering or is it a new game set within the same premise as the original?

Back
Top Bottom