What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Surely it's not mandatory though?

Why does it need a service? If you're happy with it as it was, tell them to leave it be unless they can provide you with their reasoning.

They may have checked its amplitude or suchlike and that may be low, but they need to tell you why!

They said it's at the age where it needs one. They're also replacing the crown, bezel and stem. I'm going to go ahead with it anyway as my lodger had his done and it came back looking like new.

Soldato
What's most people's reccomendations for around the 2.5k mark?
I'd personally look for something a bit different and feels special; Mont Blanc do some great watches at this price point, Hamilton (you won't need to spend 2.5k) or Tudor.

I'd personally avoid the Seamaster/Speedy as you see so many of them around. There's nothing worse than spending 2.5k on a watch and then a walking into a meeting the next week and half of the people are wearing them. I get more questions/comments from people when I'm wearing my Hamilton (Jazzmaster) vs my Breitling (Superocean Heritage)

Soldato
I can totally appreciate the craftsmanship and that they're the quintessential of that price range, but forgive my ignorance, but can't stand the look of Tudor or omega. Not wanting a bracelet so leaning towards breitling as a lot appeal to me (some beg to differ about the direction they have gone in etc) but always appealed.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

Back
Top Bottom