Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Soldato
Yup am doing a lot of backtracking in the RE remake. Got to one room with a candle forgot my lighter had to run back to pick up the lighter got to the room again. Used the lighter then realise I had no room to pick up items doh!!

What's worse in my recent play through was that I did all the things you have described and then I discovered (after some Googling) that Chris already has a bloody lighter!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's been so long since I played RE2, I played the demo to death (free with Playstation magazine!) I think I was about 12 when it came out so I can only really remember the opening of the game where you're making your way to the station through the crashed bus, getting the shotgun from the gun store etc. I've just played the demo and the main lobby seems familiar but nothing else. Is this actually a remake/remastering or is it a new game set within the same premise as the original?
I don't recall there being a shotgun in the gun store. Even though Kendo has one in hand before he dies as I recall, I don't remember being able to pick it up and use it. I could be wrong though, it has been a long time :)

And yeah, inventory management is frustrating but it definitely adds to the overall experience.

For me it is pure pleasure in a game like this :D

Soldato
Got some time booked off for this, think I might just vegetate for a week, playing it.

Surprised to read the comments about the inventory above, it was part of the 'survival horror' element - as other have already pointed out, it added an additional dynamic on how to play and survive the game. I recently completed the HD remake on PS4, and did indeed have plenty of back-tracking, but having played the series since the original in the 90s - it didn't bother me one bit; as it's part of what makes the game.

The inventory in the demo was certainly far more generous with slots, and I found a hip pack, which added another 2 or 4 slots - I'd imagine from the screen, that there will be similar pick ups, as there seemed to be space to fill.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got some time booked off for this, think I might just vegetate for a week, playing it.

Surprised to read the comments about the inventory above, it was part of the 'survival horror' element - as other have already pointed out, it added an additional dynamic on how to play and survive the game. I recently completed the HD remake on PS4, and did indeed have plenty of back-tracking, but having played the series since the original in the 90s - it didn't bother me one bit; as it's part of what makes the game.

The inventory in the demo was certainly far more generous with slots, and I found a hip pack, which added another 2 or 4 slots - I'd imagine from the screen, that there will be similar pick ups, as there seemed to be space to fill.

One thing I would like to see is a nostalgic inventory menu. In the demo it looked like copy paste RE7 which was disappointing.

Soldato
I know people have mentioned backtracking as a negative, but in Res Evil, when you backtracked to the mansion, it was like "ah bum, that item is in the mansion, oh well, back we go". But when you go back, you first meet the hunters, so for me it added a new twist/dimension to the game.

Also, it was good to go back, as you should have more ammo and keys to get open the doors you were unable to on first run through.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah the demo one was boring as hell. The old inventories had so much character in them alone.
Exactly.

I am actually hoping that the demo is designed to be slightly different than the final game. It could be that the placement of things (not just items) are not identical in the police station. Hopefully we have something that is a updated version of the old inventory screen. Oh and I want it to say RESIDENT EVIL 2!!! When I start the game :)

Caporegime
Exactly.

I am actually hoping that the demo is designed to be slightly different than the final game. It could be that the placement of things (not just items) are not identical in the police station. Hopefully we have something that is a updated version of the old inventory screen. Oh and I want it to say RESIDENT EVIL 2!!! When I start the game :)

Yeah I was really disappointed we didn't get the classic 'Resident Evil........2' when hitting start, hope it makes it into the release!

Soldato
Yeah I was really disappointed we didn't get the classic 'Resident Evil........2' when hitting start, hope it makes it into the release!

The voice is there if you use the soundtrack swap that comes with the deluxe.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/30/resi...-one-of-the-key-aspects-were-pushing-7897243/

"We’ve kind of taken that out recently, because it’s a bit old-fashioned and behind the times to have your name shouted out on the title screen. But while it isn’t in the main game in Resident Evil 2 if you get the Deluxe Edition there’s DLC for switching to the classic background music of the game, from the original PlayStation version, so you can switch the soundtrack up. If you use that soundtrack switcher then the original title call comes back."

Caporegime
The voice is there if you use the soundtrack swap that comes with the deluxe.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/30/resi...-one-of-the-key-aspects-were-pushing-7897243/

"We’ve kind of taken that out recently, because it’s a bit old-fashioned and behind the times to have your name shouted out on the title screen. But while it isn’t in the main game in Resident Evil 2 if you get the Deluxe Edition there’s DLC for switching to the classic background music of the game, from the original PlayStation version, so you can switch the soundtrack up. If you use that soundtrack switcher then the original title call comes back."

I have preordered the Deluxe edition so :cool:

Associate
How was the hdr on this? Were the blacks black and not a washed out grey? Warey after RDR2 and don’t want to spoil it by playing the demo. Comments much appreciated.

Soldato
I don't recall there being a shotgun in the gun store. Even though Kendo has one in hand before he dies as I recall, I don't remember being able to pick it up and use it. I could be wrong though, it has been a long time :)

Depends on who you play, if you're playing Claire then Kendo has the bowgun and for Leon it's the shotgun. If you kill or get around the zombies that kill him you can take the weapon, they can be found in the RPD station later on though if you don't so it's easily forgettable.

Caporegime
Depends on who you play, if you're playing Claire then Kendo has the bowgun and for Leon it's the shotgun. If you kill or get around the zombies that kill him you can take the weapon, they can be found in the RPD station later on though if you don't so it's easily forgettable.

Yeah you could definitely pick the shotgun/bow off Kendo, you can actually do it without killing any of the zombies just spam the collect button and you can pick it up as they're feasting on him ( :( )

Back
Top Bottom