Today my 7 year old daughter got told off at school for...

Soldato
holding her best friends hand.

Her and 3 friends got told off last week because they were touching each other playing tag.

I've posted about the school before and it's at a point where we're thinking of pulling her out due to how silly it's getting.

Does any other school you know of have rules like this?

We've also got marshmallow clapping where they clap but their hands stop about 5 inches apart...

WTF is wrong with the world

Soldato
Have strong words with her teachers, that's ridiculous. Also make sure you teach her how to actually clap and tell her that marshmallow clapping is silly.

Soldato
OP
Have strong words with her teachers, that's ridiculous. Also make sure you teach her how to actually clap and tell her that marshmallow clapping is silly.

Oh she knows how silly it is. I've just told her that if she gets told off again to either say "it's ok miss we have consent!" or "but miss, the marshmallow is so small we a scared we may drop it!"

I'm vocal about it and we're already onto the governers about it.

Man of Honour

He OP will just end up looking like the bad guy person :(

This trajectory of distorted normality will not end anywhere good.

Soldato
Tag or 'it' was recently banned at my son's primary school as well and a few of the kids have got 'yellow cards' for chasing each other with the teachers thinking they were playing 'it'. I was telling my son about playing British Bulldog when I was a kid and he couldn't believe it!

Permabanned
It's at the point where if she were my kid I wouldn't want those people teaching her.
The school should be teaching subjects, not their own personal values. It's your job as parent to pass on your values to your child.
Official complaints procedure. Escalate. Escalate. Escalate.

Soldato
No, our kids' school is pretty good. None of this rubbish. Proper competitive sports day and all.

I'd consider myself quite strongly on the left of the political spectrum, and I rate the policies in the OP to be nonsense. I don't think it's a 'progressives' thing, I know plenty of left leaning people who think it's stupid, but probably along a nuttier branch of progressivism.

Caporegime
Schools can be ridiculous. My friend got a letter from his daughters school saying that she was very overweight at 53kg and someone would be in touch regarding nutrition advice.

I can’t understand it. The girl doesn’t look like there’s an ounce of fat on her. And she’s very active and healthy. Sod this BMI lark. If she’s happy and healthy, what business of the school is it?

Soldato
Schools can be ridiculous. My friend got a letter from his daughters school saying that she was very overweight at 53kg and someone would be in touch regarding nutrition advice.

I can’t understand it. The girl doesn’t look like there’s an ounce of fat on her. And she’s very active and healthy. Sod this BMI lark. If she’s happy and healthy, what business of the school is it?
How do we intervene when parents are overfeeding if not through schools? They might just not be aware. 53kg is quite a lot for a child, depending on age (maybe OK if she's 12+). You're supposed to be able to see a 10 year old's ribs, though lots of people would erroneously consider that 'skinny'

Caporegime

Because the schools have a legal duty of care. That's what business it is of theirs.

Soldato

without knowing the details, I have to say i don't mind the sound of this on one hand, at least the school's are looking out for the health of the child if stupid parents can't look after their children properly.
My missus sister has a 9 year old who is absolutely massive, someone should have stepped in a long time ago, I fear it is too late for him now though, especially as his parents are hugely overweight (guesstimate of 20 stone and 27 stone for the pair of them)

on the other hand as you say it isn't good if the child is actually healthy, I fear our daughter would get picked up on this, as she certainly isn't overweight but is also not on the "skinny" side of the scale either (4 YO)

Soldato
She’s 14 and 5ft tall.
I'm confused then, that is healthy weight ??

2018-11-26

V F

V F

Soldato
holding her best friends hand.

Her and 3 friends got told off last week because they were touching each other playing tag.

I've posted about the school before and it's at a point where we're thinking of pulling her out due to how silly it's getting.

Does any other school you know of have rules like this?

We've also got marshmallow clapping where they clap but their hands stop about 5 inches apart...

WTF is wrong with the world

What on earth is that?...

Back
Top Bottom