• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Bit of an update, found a few apps were a bit buggy and playing up after the upgrade so have decided to just wipe the phone clean and start afresh on 9.0 and everything seems okay now.

Soldato
What apps?

Spotify had a weird notification that I couldn't clear that just said "Connecting to Spotify"
Facebook was crashing randomly
Instagram failed to open up at all

Just figured I'd do a complete wipe and all those issues are now non-existent, phone feels a lot more snappy too, to the point where I am loading apps and they are loaded before I anticipated them too.

Best UI upgrade to date imo.

Associate
For those who have updated to Pie 9.0 and have the old version of SNote so they can use action memo, are you getting constant crashing on the Snote app?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Is it worth getting a tempered glass screen protector, I've been using a film one for five months and it's ok I guess. Phones always been in a case so it's protected.

I'm taking it on holiday though and wondering whether the extra protection might be worth it.

Soldato
Is it worth getting a tempered glass screen protector, I've been using a film one for five months and it's ok I guess. Phones always been in a case so it's protected.

I'm taking it on holiday though and wondering whether the extra protection might be worth it.

Definitely worth, owning the S8 was such a pain as I couldn't find a full glue curved glass screen protector.
Now I have a Note 9, you can pick up a curved glass screen protector from Amazon for a decent price. I'm using this one and it's great. Comes as a kit with glue and UV light. The glass barely attracts finger prints, and works excellent with the s-pen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H5FJ6PR/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_vNYqCbYW7EHBR

Mick

Associate
Ive just flashed pie to my note 9. Always been a nova user but thinking of sticking with the stock launcher. Is there anyway of reducing the size of the icons?

Thanks

Associate
I don't have an icon size option? Do you mean in the main system settings or settings for the default launcher?

Either way I see no option to change icon size. Only grid size

Soldato
OP
I don't have an icon size option? Do you mean in the main system settings or settings for the default launcher?

Either way I see no option to change icon size. Only grid size

You can only change font and screen zoom ..a theme might be able to give you slightly smaller icons

Soldato
They said it would be in February?

Also don't underestimate how slow networks can be approving these things should you have a carrier variant, locked or unlocked.. Plus this time out they have a whole new UI built on it.

I mean I get it's frustrating and 6 months isn't great but it's hardly the end of the world... What specific things on the google side are even new here? Not like the gingerbread to ice cream sandwich update or whicher one was the update to material design :)

Still, I like new.. I keep checking my update manually.. I'm considering doing the manual update.

Back
Top Bottom