• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Wow its fast! face unlock is instant, as is swapping apps. Impressed so far and have turned on night mode, sadly this only works with Samsung apps. Not done a lot else yet.

Permabanned
Looks like themes don't work properly, they probably all need updating now. :(

Also you don't seem to be able to hide the nav keys at the bottom anymore, not sure I like this.

Permabanned
Im using one of the samsung themes. seems to be working ok here, what issues are you seeing?

It's the dark material theme, all the menus are back to being white, some of the menus appear black and other parts are while, looks incomplete, or maybe that's by design.

Other issues? Inability to hide the navigation bar, the only choice is on or with gesture controls which looks stupid, also Google Fit is not working, just been for a walk and it never picked up anything, will try that again later.

If I'm honest the whole interface looks worse to me.

EDIT: The free dark theme seems to be OK, looks a bit better, also the icons look a bit derpy.

Last edited:
Associate
I had this also it looks like tap to show is set as default after the update I changed this back to scheduled display in the Lock screen settings.
Thanks, hadn't even seen this setting before to think it could have been that! Now to get rid of the time in the status bar/along the top.

Soldato
I'm impressed with the update, though it is strange getting used to how things are very different. I use full screen all the time, and contemplated downgrading when I thought it was missing! But now I've found the right settings, I'm slowly getting used to swiping up the lower screen for the 3 buttons.

I like how the screen is now better utilised for the design of the Note, moving things to the bottom, and more accessible.
I haven't found a way of changing how the recents screen displays yet. I like to see a list of cards like before, not a fan of pages in the slightest. You've no idea how far to scroll to quickly find the app you want, and so annoyingly whizz past it!

Another thing is the lock screen, entering the pin now takes more input to unlock the phone. Making it slower when the phone is docked and I can't access the finger print sensor.

All minor things, rest is excellent.

Mick

Permabanned
If you go into display setting/navigation bar & turn off gesture hints it will remove them so you get full screen again.

That does work but getting used to using gestures will not be easy...:)

Don't understand why they didn't just include the option to hide navigation bar, it just worked, so why remove it.

Edit- Ok, how do you bring up Google Assistant? Without the on screen button? Nevermind, Nova Launcher to the rescue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom