Bioware's Anthem

Man of Honour
What a real shame I've not even played this but seems its Garbage

It'll drop quickly at this rate

Based upon what I've seen so far (and assuming that the full game is like the demo) , I can see it having the exact same release as Destiny 2. Loads of people will stream it on Twitch/Youtube etc, lots of talk about it for the first month, maybe 2 months, then by the 3rd month few people still playing it and its plummeted down the twitch charts.

From the demo, it appears to have most of the same failings that plagued Destiny 2, I have 10 hours free at release (as part of my Origin Basic membership) , so I'll give it a try but I get the feeling that we may be witnessing the demise of Bioware as a force.

Soldato
Regardless of your feelings of the content in destiny 2, it is an amazing port, movement/gunplay/environment are all outstanding.

This doesn't have any if that.

Soldato
OP

Huge disappointment over that vid, massively dumbed down from what was shown in the reveal.

I utterly detest lobby running(walking in this case) about to reach a destination, just start at the menu map ffs!

The story levels are boring, menu navigation is ridiculous, I couldn't launch:o

The first time you successfully launched after getting frustrated by navigation into slow loading only to get stuck on 95% to having to rinse repeat.

Cancelled my order, might get it for a tenner a few months after launch-maybe.

Soldato
so I'll give it a try but I get the feeling that we may be witnessing the demise of Bioware as a force.

Happened years ago. I have this free as part of my premier membership and I've been playing the demo most of the weekend. I think it has a fair few issues to iron out, on top of that I'm not sure what it really offers that Destiny 2 (and soon enough The Division 2) likely do better. From what I've heard it's going to be fairly content light at launch which you'd think they would have avoided having seen the slating that Division 1 and Destiny 2 got for not having enough end game content (both of which have now been rectified). I agree that based on its current state I'd be surprised if many are playing it after 1 or 2 months.

Soldato
I only just got around to doing first mission but my god so many loading screens, clunky crap menu.

Gunplay was okay, just seems a poor destiny

Associate
I find it odd people are having issues, the Alpha was basically perfect. Outside of starting the missions there were basically no loading times.

Soldato
I've put 12 hours into the game now, I actually really enjoy playing through the levels and scenarios. It can be a lot of fun, especially when working with a good team.

Still going to wait on this one though as I'm still not sure how or why they managed to release a demo on the state is was in.

I'm also not sure on the actual content, something about the open world just seems shallow and not as awe inspiring as I hoped. I'll make the comparison to firefall again as it was a similar game in a lot of ways but it's world felt more natural and atmospheric.

Soldato
I've put 12 hours into the game now, I actually really enjoy playing through the levels and scenarios. It can be a lot of fun, especially when working with a good team.

Still going to wait on this one though as I'm still not sure how or why they managed to release a demo on the state is was in.

I'm also not sure on the actual content, something about the open world just seems shallow and not as awe inspiring as I hoped. I'll make the comparison to firefall again as it was a similar game in a lot of ways but it's world felt more natural and atmospheric.
My experience is similar to yours, I'm not sure it'll have enough to hold peoples attention for too long.

Soldato
We should be getting access to all frames this weekend for the open beta, not sure why they only let us test one per account for the VIP.

Been playing colossus all weekend want to give Storm a try before doing any ordering.

Soldato
I find it odd people are having issues, the Alpha was basically perfect. Outside of starting the missions there were basically no loading times.
Did you play the Demo? - Edit, nevermind, I didn't read your post fully. We agree. :p

There are a fair number of loading screens between mission sections for the 3 story mission bits in the demo. However, once out in freeplay or doing the fort / strike thing the loading was non existent. Most people likely didn't bother with freeplay or the fort / strike.

For me, the only downside is swimming, somehow they've made it a right pita to do, flying is fine but swimming is awkward and trying to navigate an underwater tunnel/cave system isn't the easiest of things.

Overall I really enjoyed the game though, despite what most on here have said. Playing as a squad with mates is good fun and being able to quickly move cover when under fire by flying is awesome. Instead of being pinned down in one small area you can usually just fly out the way and tackle the enemies from a different angle / get some health back.

Yesterday they unlocked all of the Javelins and I had a quick look at them but didn't bother testing them out (as it was gone midnight and I had to be up for work this morning). In Destiny speak they are; Storm = Warlock, Colossus = Titan, Interceptor = Hunter and the Ranger = happy medium.

I showed them all at the end of my stream last night/this morning: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/370965899?t=01h57m32s

Caporegime
I wasn't going to bother with this as it's a best-with-multiplayer title but I am mildly curious. The Origin client has let me download the demo in prep for the weekend so will check it out. Coming in totally blind, not seen/read anything apart from the initial reveal at E3.

Back
Top Bottom