Rugby union?

Soldato
OP
So 2 months ago I had to come off with a really bad shoulder, haven't trained much since, and with christmas, my fitness has tanked. Shoulder is now pretty much OK, though I've got some muscle pain in my armpit (I think), but suspect that's posture related. Played today and went fairly well in the scrums, shoulder held together which is good, bloody knackered though. Initially asked my coach for 20 mins at the end, but he suggested starting so I could come off if needed... Ended up playing 65, came off, then went back on 5 minutes later :D. Did very little around the pitch, but felt it went well, fitness will hopefully return.

Associate
That first game after some time off is always a harsh one. Due to work I've not played much but a few seasons ago I played a game and it took me about 3 days before I could walk properly again :D

Soldato
OP
I'm going to ask my teammates if they saw the elephant that tap danced on my leg, because the bruises are clear but i don't remember it!

Tonight/tomorrow will be the worst i suspect. Some ibuprofen before bed to get a good nights rest.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
That first game after some time off is always a harsh one. Due to work I've not played much but a few seasons ago I played a game and it took me about 3 days before I could walk properly again :D

That was the point when I retired, when I was also effectively giving up Sunday to rugby because I was still recovering from Saturday.

Third team captain accosted me the other day trying to convince me to play fly-half for them because they don't have a dedicated 10, and they have been promoted and are getting stuffed every weekend right now... not selling it to me!!!

Soldato
OP
My wife warned me not to over do it at training... she knows me. New tighthead prop me, decided that I'm the right person to chase down the break in our touch rugby game. To be fair I surprised myself with how well I kept up with the nippy guy, and actually put enough pressure on that he dropped the ball over the line! Pulled my calf in the process though :(. Still, no game this weekend, so a chance to recover.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
My wife warned me not to over do it at training... she knows me. New tighthead prop me, decided that I'm the right person to chase down the break in our touch rugby game. To be fair I surprised myself with how well I kept up with the nippy guy, and actually put enough pressure on that he dropped the ball over the line! Pulled my calf in the process though :(. Still, no game this weekend, so a chance to recover.

Worth it! :D

Soldato
I love the "line speed" of the welsh defence, didn't realise we had the flash on our side.

I wonder when that's ever gonna be picked up by referees?

France lost that rather than wales win it.

Associate
An away win in Paris on a miserable Friday night is a good for win any side to be fair. Especially when you're 16-0 down at half time.
Ireland beat France away with the last kick of the game last year.

Looking forward to the games tomorrow, good start to the tournament (said the Welshman).

Associate
I only saw the last 20-25 minutes due to work, but it looked pretty good and it was a very nice game winning try by Wales. Awful passes by the French before hand but great read by the welsh winger.

Back
Top Bottom