Idiot girl who fled to Syria wants to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was gonna say, i thought high treason was something of the past.

35 year old male who joins ISIS and commits in acts of war - fair enough.
15 year old girl who was lost and impressionable - hmmm

I think a judge would take that into account personally..

The 15 year old has waged war against the UK and it's allies. Why do you think war is simply about personally killing people?

Soldato
The 15 year old has waged war against the UK and it's allies. Why do you think war is simply about personally killing people?

Sure, war encompasses many different forms..
I suppose that's what we'd have to find out. What she did out there, if she participated in the various forms of war or not, or whether she was a young impressionable bystander that was fooled by smart propaganda. As that Vice article said "Islamic Disneyland"

We'd need to know all the facts. I don't think one interview with her can do that.

And tbh, im open to being wrong, if she was deemed a threat by people who study this at great length and know more about the case, then i would go with that.

I think we're wasting our time and it's a wind-up.

Yeah, you've nailed it. Someone who is disagreeing with you is on the wind up.

Caporegime
Sure, war encompasses many different forms..
I suppose that's what we'd have to find out. What she did out there, if she participated in the various forms of war or not, or whether she was a young impressionable bystander that was fooled by smart propaganda. As that Vice article said "Islamic Disneyland"
Now featuring our latest and greatest attraction: Behead the unbeliever on Live TV!

Yeah she thought it was all about winning a stuffed teddy and eating candy floss, right?

Soldato
One of three schoolgirls who left east London in 2015 to join the Islamic State group says she has no regrets, but wants to return to the UK.

In an interview with the Times, Shamima Begum, now 19, talked about seeing "beheaded heads" in bins - but said that it "did not faze her".

Asked by Times journalist Anthony Loyd whether her experiences of living in the one-time IS stronghold of Raqqa had lived up to her aspirations, Ms Begum said: "Yes it did. It was like a normal life. The life that they show on the propaganda videos - it's a normal life.

Caporegime
Yeah, but we're crossing over to problematic areas of Islam in general now, they arent just prohibited to this one girl.

There are millions of muslims in this country that maybe think like that.

What would you do about them?
Thought crime isn't a crime, so nothing.

This girl acted on her thoughts. She joined Islamic State. She says she has no regrets. She called her time with them normal and regretted that their numbers had dwindled significantly.

Since we were part of the coalition that reduced their numbers, one doesn't have to jump too far to conclude that she views us as the enemy.

But she's willing to put that aside if we pay for her child to be brought up in the UK, whilst she indoctrinates them into her version of islam. Win/win!

Soldato
This is why the people who will be studying this in more depth will have far more context.

One of three schoolgirls who left east London in 2015 to join the Islamic State group says she has no regrets, but wants to return to the UK

Because this And there is so much oppression and corruption going on that I don't really think they deserve victory

This doesn't add up.

There is obvious cognitive dissonance, most likely due to age

Perhaps she turns out like Nawaz due to what happened and how Great Britain treated her for her mistakes at a young age.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maajid_Nawaz

Soldato
Ultimately, if Syria wants to deport her back to the UK then the UK will have no choice but to take their own citizen. I expect her to be tried for treason though which should result in jail time given her actions.

If they don't (they probably have more important things to focus their efforts on), then I don't see why we should help her come back, to face trial. Syria could even treat her as a foreign combatant/invader and jail her themselves.

Caporegime
This is why the people who will be studying this in more depth will have far more context.

This doesn't add up.

There is obvious cognitive dissonance, most likely due to age

Perhaps she turns out like Nawaz due to what happened and how Great Britain treated her for her mistakes at a young age.
Yes us simpletons can't possibly know if a person who joined Islamic State and has no regrets after witnessing beheadings - we can't possibly know if they are a good person at heart.

We're just don't have the context, aye.

LOL.

Caporegime

Possibly, hopefully... but I think the kid needs to be taken into care for a bit first and at least fostered if not just straight up adopted. Nip it in the bud and stop the belief system form being passed onto another generation.

Soldato
I was gonna say, i thought high treason was something of the past.

35 year old male who joins ISIS and commits in acts of war - fair enough.
15 year old girl who was lost and impressionable - hmmm

I think a judge would take that into account personally..
What if it was a 15 year old boy? I'd argue that Muslim boys of a similar age are even more ripe for grooming by extremists, so I don't think you letting her off for being a girl has any real basis. Can you explain the logic behind that thinking and/or why you are specifically calling out her gender in your examples?

Caporegime
She’s not repentant, she has no regrets about going, she wishes the caliphate had succeeded and supports I.S.

Now it’s all going bad for her “ideal” she now wants to come back and let her raise her baby at our expense?

I’m sure in years to come she’ll be telling the child it’s father was a hero killed by the western unbelievers....

She should stay there and rot, along with anybody else who went over there.

No sympathy nor empathy for her or her child quite frankly, I’m listening to the radio this morning and there’s a lot of “Oh what about the poor baby” well, there’s plenty of other poor baby’s over there, do we bring them all over? No.

We need to send a strong message here, instead we’ll most likely send the message of yes fine, turn your back on us and support a death culture and when it all goes wrong we’ll have you back and you can live on us. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Leave her there to rot, the baby too.

Set her passport on fire whilst dancing round it shouting “alah snackbar” 55 times

Deserves to lie in the bed she made.

Soldato
For me, the fact that letting people like this back into the county is even up for discussion shows just how far we've fallen. Its both frustrating and sad to watch it play out.

Soldato
My interpretation is that she has decided that now that IS has lost control of a lot of land she can do more harm to the UK from within it than from outside it. She's clearly still an enemy of civilisation and still intends to destroy it. She's A-OK with torture, killing anyone who isn't completely obedient, bins full of severed heads, all that sort of thing. Her only regret is that there isn't more of it. I'd prefer her to be killed than allowed back here. That would be less harmful to humanity.

My thoughts exactly.

The fact that she isn't remorseful and has no regrets would make me worry that IS have turned her into a sleeper agent with a great cover story of being pregnant.

What's to say in a few years that she's not planning a bomb attack or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom