Dirt Rally 2.0

Caporegime
OP
rest your case you show a video of rally. makes no sense. to sort " your issue" you have to be specific to help sort it. if you cant understand that you cant be helped.i am trying to help you. the easiest way of doing so is ask people with your wheel for their settings and then trial and error to how you want it to feel.

people as said with your wheel are playing the game fine. people on the forums are posting videos playing with your wheel. so best thing to do is go ask them. i havent got your wheel so there is no point giving you my settings as they totally different. wheel to wheel. also i dont know what you have changed ingame. you dont need to try and explain about rally numerous real life rally people are playing it. making the handling testing right.

good luck i hope you find what you need to make it right.

Soldato
It's broken mate. Plain and simple the FFB in this is not good enough. It's completely souless and lacking any kind or feedback to the surface you are on,

Something isn't right. The fact I had to sit in the files and tweak the XML files suggest to me that the force feedback has an issue along the line.

It's weak, has little to no feedback on any surface, I've manually changed the settings in the XML files from 0.9 to 8.0

It's a million miles away from dirt rally.

Last edited:
Soldato
my wheel isnt on the supported list but works fine.

cobra my ingame settings are default. works fine. i havent turned anything off or changed anything. some have t300 and other thrustmaster wheels on the forums.

What we have here is a case of you not knowing what correct FFB should be like. You are using out the box default settings on an unsupported wheel. That screams volumes. Just because it's OK for YOU, doesn't mean there isn't a problem with it. There is a CLEARLY a problem with it if you KNOW what correct FFB should be like. You are quite clearly unqualified to speak to this. You're not alone of course, many people play such games with wheels and have no idea what FFB should feel like. But just because they are "fine" with it doesn't make it correct.

Caporegime
OP
What we have here is a case of you not knowing what correct FFB should be like. You are using out the box default settings on an unsupported wheel. That screams volumes. Just because it's OK for YOU, doesn't mean there isn't a problem with it. There is a CLEARLY a problem with it if you KNOW what correct FFB should be like. You are quite clearly unqualified to speak to this. You're not alone of course, many people play such games with wheels and have no idea what FFB should feel like. But just because they are "fine" with it doesn't make it correct.

no what we have here is people just saying things are broke when they arent. people with said wheel as him are enjoying the game and like the feedback with videos made with said wheel. as to my wheel has nothing wrong with it.

i have no idea what ffb is lol. there is testers with his wheel as said go ask get settings. also try the new driver people are saying it makes a difference. dont waste your time baiting me fix your issue. it is fixable. enjoy the game. if you want join the dirt rally discord there is a set up channel people are sharing details. my job isnt to find your fixes. you have to put that part in on your own.

may help.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1663123655

Last edited:
Soldato
no what we have here is people just saying things are broke when they arent. people with said wheel as him are enjoying the game and like the feedback with videos made with said wheel. as to my wheel has nothing wrong with it.

i have no idea what ffb is lol. there is testers with his wheel as said go ask get settings. also try the new driver people are saying it makes a difference. dont waste your time baiting me fix your issue. it is fixable. enjoy the game. if you want join the dirt rally discord there is a set up channel people are sharing details. my job isnt to find your fixes. you have to put that part in on your own.

may help.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1663123655

It seems abundantly apparent that you aren't qualified to speak to whether FFB works as it should or not, not least because you don't even know what FFB means (despite that being quite obvious). It's good you're enjoying the game though. Ignorance is bliss so they say.

Associate
so basically this is dirt rally 1.5, they seem to have somehow managed to keep every single bad point from dirt rally 1.

Lack of tracks
poor tarmac physics
poor ffb
poor career mode
no vr on launch

shame.....will wait for a sale

Soldato

This guide yeah, this guide that you post on this forum is mine. Mine that i spent 5 hours this morning trying out to improve the force feedback in this game.

People with the same wheel as me have absolutely no idea what it feels like to have proper decent ffb within the Dirt Rally world. They are probably the same people that said "Oh yeah, dirt 4 feels amazing on my T300". Utter ********

Soldato
Im not having it. Im not willing to accept this is my issue at all.

Dirt rally 2 shares the same fundemental FFB settings that Dirt4 had. They havent improved it, they havent chaged it that much. They have copied and pasted it and bunged it together with the Dirt Rally 2 package.

Now, something doesnt sit right with me and here is why ;

No reviewer, youtuber, or streamer has said anything about the **** FFB within Dirt rally 2. They (and you DG) have said that the physics / FFB has been "good" or words to that effect.

Now either the current version that is now live (as of today) had a glitch or a problem or some sort of error making the FFB terrible, or someone has said to keep the obvious issue of ffb or the lack of quiet to the public. I find it very unusual given your obvious experience of racing games DG to find Dirt Rally 2 absolutely fine...... Its very odd, very odd indeed.

Caporegime
OP
one of the testers with your wheel is a real life rally driver. cant just assume things . i understand its frustrating. hopefully thrustmaster update your wheels. like they have today in drivers.

try joining the dirt rally discord. many have thrustmaster wheels and are working together to get the best handling from them.

https://discord.gg/Z9jdFJ

Caporegime
OP
dont be that guy. if you knew anything before trying to dive in like others is thrustmaster wheels have weak ffb with dirt games. so the issue is with thrustmaster. they will update there drivers to give better ffb. also many people dont actually realize what real ffb is like in a rally car. especially a modern one. its actually very light but thats pc peeps for you. :p

Associate
okay so I have a DFGT wheel which is picked up in game as same but nothing is mapped?
works perfect with dirt rally + dirt 4 but now Ihave to manually map all keys ffb and seadzone sensitivity etc?

anybody with a setup I can copy for this?

Soldato
So then.

Spent this morning making sure everything was setup. Ive reinstalled my drivers, updated all firmware and tried Dirt Rally 2 again.

As i thought, it made absolutely no difference to the FFB in this game. Codemasters are aware of the issues https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1098952611083010048

What you have posted DG is basically the same guide that i have made on steam. The force feedback in this game is very basic, and quite possibly broken.

1, Tyre friction & wheel friction in general don't seem to make any difference whether you set it to "0" or "150"

2, The FFB in this seems completely derived from what the suspension is doing. Generally small bumps that cause the suspension to compress you will feel through the wheel. In some cases where i drove on an angle at the edge of the track the feeling seemed somewhat realistic but not precise.

It does not give a good representation of the undulations on the track, it only seems to produce the bumpy FFB but not any idea of camber in the corners. I do not think that the FFB in DR2 is able to translate tire slip or any sort of feeling of understeer or oversteer (at the moment). This can be offset by playing with self aligning torque but its feels a bit fake to be honest. I feel the Force Feedback in this at best is very very basic.

Back
Top Bottom