Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Yes, I did. It says the local infrastructure will only support 38Mbps, but the residential will do 350+. Hence why I asked if it uses different hardware.

Virgin’s network offers the same speeds nationally, 38Mbit sounds like FTTC via OpenReach, not cable.

Soldato
Thats what I use with Sh3 in modem mode, its decent enough on the whole. Though could be better in some areas, interface and some options lacking.

Thank you
Have you tried OpenWRT on it?

If your only wanting to block sites try pi-hole? Raspberry Pi will set you back around £40 or setup a VM.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/setting-up-pi-hole.18756115/

That looks great.
But I should have said that my carer has to be able to deal with it :D

Soldato
Pihole is perfect for this, stick flutterHole on your phone so you can easily disable it for 5 minutes if a particular site is having trouble/complains about adblocking etc.

Pretty easy to setup, just follow a guide, and once in place it works really well and is seamless.

Highlights devices on the network that are being naughty/over-requesting etc, and stops a lot of the ads...
The other half noticed the other night when I disabled it to tweak the network, grumbled that she was getting loads of adverts suddenly.

Back
Top Bottom