MSI x399 MEG Creation RAM issue

Associate
Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x 16gb 2666mhz, installed in the recommended slots but only 49gb is recognised, Windows reports the same that only 3 slots are in use, I've tried enabling A-XMP/reseating the memory in serial number order

I've used the same memory in my other Zenith Extreme board with no issues, albeit that was running a 2950x

Any other suggestions?

Associate
OP
I've tried each stick on the far right slot and 1 stick causes a no video signal, however when I use a the other 3 sticks and the suspect stick in another slot it does boot but as mentioned the motherboard is giving conflicting results
https://imgur.com/x3keaaJ
x3keaaJ

Associate
I had that BIOS said I had 32GB and windows recognised less and only replacing the RAM kit solved it, others have had similar due to a poorly seated CPU.

does the machine boot with the single DIMM that failed in last slot placed in another slot? On my TR with just one stick in it would boot and load into windows, so I just tried it with each stick until I found the offender that wouldn't boot into windows.

Something you can also do is run the RAM in the other channel.

Associate
OP
No the single DIMM does not work in any slot, also if try and use the 4 DIMMS in a different slot configuration I get warning saying that these slots are not optimised or something like that

Back
Top Bottom