Correct age for men to stop using gel/wax products etc. in their hair?

Permabanned
Hello

Have been pondering this one for a while.... I see some blokes obviously 40+ with their mop decked out in styling products and I think it looks well wrong. I reckon by the time a guy hits (let's say) 35 he should have either gone bald, be shaving his head, or just giving his hair a good rub after the shower and not applying 'product'. Thoughts?

Thanks

RD

Man of Honour
Well I think your opinion of the 35 age "limit" is pure filth and you should be thrown into a barrel of corner-shop gel.

I have no grey hairs at 35, a thick body of lush hair which reacts really well to non greasy foaming mousse to keep it in check, I'll have you know.

Caporegime
Unless you have very little hair your hair is gonna look like a wreck without any product.

Not everyone is unlucky enough to have gone bald or unstylish enough to shave their head.

Caporegime
Well I think your opinion of the 35 age "limit" is pure filth and you should be thrown into a barrel of corner-shop gel.

I have no grey hairs at 35, a thick body of lush hair which reacts really well to non greasy foaming mousse to keep it in check, I'll have you know.

Lucky devil. I'm silver already! It's still thick though and definitely needs taming or I look like a member of the hair bear bunch.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've been bald for years and clip it right down no guard. So I use the gel on my lower area instead. I'm very stylish down there, don't you know.

Caporegime
There's no rule just do what you think is best as an individual, to be honest needing hair gel at 35+ is something to be proud of why would you want to shave it?

Caporegime
As long as you are comfortable using it, I see no problem. My dad is 56 and still has his hair, and myself at at 31 so far so good.
My dad is 70 and has a full head of hair. Still looks great at his age. Me and my brother are 38 and 25 and we’re both thinning badly.

Makes no sense. However, my dad has only ever used water to style his hair, while me and my bro have used gels, pastes, mousses and all sorts.

Just a Coincidence?

Soldato
So many guys here seem super uncomfortable with their sexuality.

It's ok, this is a safe space let it out lads.

We can all run our fingers through each others hair and discuss hair products.

Back
Top Bottom