Bring on brexit!

Soldato
I’ll quote another forum member who voted leave when presented with the “truth”.

His or her reply was “no”.

And

“I don’t care.”

This is the level of debate I get from this side.

Your looking to have a brexit argument, this is about the speed limiter? Go to the Brexit thread if you want to moan?

Caporegime
Yes, but its about the speed limiter being applied to cars. Your banging on about project fear and the brexit campaign.

The whole thing is project fear, why? Because it is.

(Just want you to get how it feels on that side of the debate when someone just stone wall you with rubbish.)

Personally I don’t care about this, I stick to 70mph on the motorway, 75mph max. I rather they fine drivers who goes at 40mph everywhere.

Associate
Going to be a HUGE revenue drop from speeding fines and the speed camera companies will be going out of business. Insurance companies will take a huge hit as they can't hike up prices for speeding points as there will not be any.

On the plus side, firms making GPS blockers will be making more money as they can block the location of the vehicle.

Soldato
The DfT said the UK will adopt the same rules as well even after Brexit.

My car already has an optional speed limiter.

Speed doesn't kill. Rapid decelleration does.

Nice headline.

But rapid deceleration occurs at higher speeds. Decelerating from 30 to 0 is unlikely to the passengers or passengers in other vehicles as cars are designed to be safe in scenarios like that (airbags, crumple zones etc.).

Rapidly decelerate from 40 or 50 to 0 then far more likely to be seriously injured.

The same is true for motorways, 90 to 0 vs 70 to 0 has completely different energy levels involved.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm really not surprised. It's been coming for years. Eventually when automated driving is good enough then we won't be allowed to drive ourselves. Or personal vehicle ownership will be banned at some point. But that's probably not going to affect me before I'm too old to drive anyway.

At first I was angry about this news as it's yet another removal of a personal freedom to drive the speed we each want. But then I realised I was being a bit silly because the law is in place already for us not to speed. This is just another way of enforcing it. Honestly I don't deliberately speed now anyway. I pretty religiously stick to the speed limits and only go over them if I haven't noticed. So overall I'm not too bothered by it.

Back
Top Bottom