US: Billions (2016)

Soldato
I’ve not seen Billions yet - the only thing I’ve seen of it is the scene where Damien Lewis’ character calls a colleague into his office and then they both act as if they’re shouting at each other in front of the whole office :p

I really enjoy Suits - is this something similar? I’ve been considering getting into a new series, as Suits seems to have lost its edge...

Associate
I’ve not seen Billions yet - the only thing I’ve seen of it is the scene where Damien Lewis’ character calls a colleague into his office and then they both act as if they’re shouting at each other in front of the whole office :p

I really enjoy Suits - is this something similar? I’ve been considering getting into a new series, as Suits seems to have lost its edge...

I would really recommend. I don't really remember any weak episodes of Billions so far, it genuinely is a fantastic show! Also a fan of suits but i wouldn't necessarily say they are greatly similar.

Soldato
There are some similarities between Suits and Billions though I wouldn't say there are enough to say if you like Suits you'll like Billions. I enjoyed Suits but ultimately found it too episodic; there's a few season arcs but mostly it is a case of the week type show. Ultimately this meant I never got that 'I want to watch the next episode to find out what happens' feeling and so ended up dropping Suits. Billions though is more dialogue and character focused with arcs covering the whole season (or seasons). I'd even say Billions is more .....realistic? believable? - There is still some absurdity in it like Suits, characters do unexpected things but somehow never out of character. Overall, I'd say Billions is a better show than Suits.

If you think you'll enjoy it, watch the first few episodes. From memory, season 1 does a but of character set up at the beginning but it should give you an idea if it is going to be a show you'll enjoy.

Soldato
I would really recommend. I don't really remember any weak episodes of Billions so far, it genuinely is a fantastic show! Also a fan of suits but i wouldn't necessarily say they are greatly similar.

There are some similarities between Suits and Billions though I wouldn't say there are enough to say if you like Suits you'll like Billions. I enjoyed Suits but ultimately found it too episodic; there's a few season arcs but mostly it is a case of the week type show. Ultimately this meant I never got that 'I want to watch the next episode to find out what happens' feeling and so ended up dropping Suits. Billions though is more dialogue and character focused with arcs covering the whole season (or seasons). I'd even say Billions is more .....realistic? believable? - There is still some absurdity in it like Suits, characters do unexpected things but somehow never out of character. Overall, I'd say Billions is a better show than Suits.

If you think you'll enjoy it, watch the first few episodes. From memory, season 1 does a but of character set up at the beginning but it should give you an idea if it is going to be a show you'll enjoy.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments - I think I’m going to give a couple of episodes a go this weekend - looks like it might be up my alley :D

Soldato

billions is basically the tv series of wolf of wall street

Soldato
Seems episode 4 always feels like a finale with how much plot they get finished off and start new ones, felt bad for Wendy but then again she loves being in charge of two powerful men, I do hope she keeps working at AxeCap.

Soldato
I don’t think it was too brutal to be out of character. Axe has always tried to destroy his enemies by whatever means possible. He destroyed Ira’s juice business just to try and get to Chuck. Look at what he is trying to do to Taylor’s business too. I think we’ve just seen Axe against stronger opponents so they always have an answer, a response, to him and his attack.

Back
Top Bottom