FibreNest ISP

Associate
Hi all,

I'm moving into a new build property later in the year and was recently contacted by the ISP currently cabling the development: FibreNest.

It turns out they're owned by the developers which leaves a sour taste in my mouth....

I've been told BT will also be cabling the development (currently no idea whether it'll be ADSL, FTTC or FTTP) so thankfully we won't be prisoners to FibreNest.

It's £45 a month for 500/50 with a free static IP address. I would normally say this is pretty reasonable but my perception is a little skewed by my excellent experience with Hyperoptic.

Getting on to my point: has anyone here used them?

There's barely anything out there on Google aside from reviews from your average Joe.

Cheers

Man of Honour
I thought all new builds where OpenReach are doing a fibre install would be normal FTTP and you're free to choose whichever provider you want.

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm moving into a new build property later in the year and was recently contacted by the ISP currently cabling the development: FibreNest.

It turns out they're owned by the developers which leaves a sour taste in my mouth....

I've been told BT will also be cabling the development (currently no idea whether it'll be ADSL, FTTC or FTTP) so thankfully we won't be prisoners to FibreNest.

It's £45 a month for 500/50 with a free static IP address. I would normally say this is pretty reasonable but my perception is a little skewed by my excellent experience with Hyperoptic.

Getting on to my point: has anyone here used them?

There's barely anything out there on Google aside from reviews from your average Joe.

Cheers
Where are you based? It could be CityFibre or Glide as the provider.

If you provide a rough area or send me a trust with a nearby postcode I can have a go at checking

Associate
OP
I thought all new builds where OpenReach are doing a fibre install would be normal FTTP and you're free to choose whichever provider you want.
That was my understanding too. Seems not to be the case here though.

Interestingly, one the other side of the street (by a different developer) all have FTTP fitted. It may be that OpenReach will just extend the network?

Caporegime
If the developer is having their own ISP in as some sort of cartel effort then there is no way they’d also be putting the effort in to get Openreach FTTP. You might get FTTC if you’re lucky, if the developer isn’t cooperative at all you might not even have a phone line ready by the day you move in.

Edit: Oh lol it’s Persimmon, of “your new house is actually a leasehold” fame. Expect the worst, absolute scum of an outfit.

Soldato
Some interesting comments here,

Im FTTP in a new build David Wilson Homes, not Persimmon :) however ive yet to find another provider who I can switch to?

BT Seem to have the monopoly and im stuck paying silly prices :(

Please correct me if thats wrong :)

Soldato
Some interesting comments here,

Im FTTP in a new build David Wilson Homes, not Persimmon :) however ive yet to find another provider who I can switch to?

BT Seem to have the monopoly and im stuck paying silly prices :(

Please correct me if thats wrong :)

Yep, I had no choice apart from BT atm.

Caporegime
Zen do FTTP, Sky are dragging their feet over it but have said they will offer it, Cerberus do it, any Daisy reseller has the option to provide it

Associate
OP
If the developer is having their own ISP in as some sort of cartel effort then there is no way they’d also be putting the effort in to get Openreach FTTP. You might get FTTC if you’re lucky, if the developer isn’t cooperative at all you might not even have a phone line ready by the day you move in.

Edit: Oh lol it’s Persimmon, of “your new house is actually a leasehold” fame. Expect the worst, absolute scum of an outfit.

Back out if you still can.

Not my money so I don't have a say in the matter. Without going into too much detail on a public forum: It's being rented for me while I work a contract.

I'm there for at least 18 months so I was just hoping for some user experience from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
It doesn't sound like you have much of a choice really - if you have an address then you can check what services are available, but it seems like your choice will be between an unknown FTTP provider and ADSL.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fibrenest.com

Edit: I really can't see this practise lasting for very long, but Persimmon are crooks https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/homeowners-who-bought-properties-cambuslangs-14270882

I can see it lasting as long as the donations they make to our supreme leaders party dont dry up.

Back
Top Bottom