1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FibreNest ISP

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by southlegend, Apr 15, 2019.

1. southlegend

Associate

Hi all,

I'm moving into a new build property later in the year and was recently contacted by the ISP currently cabling the development: FibreNest.

It turns out they're owned by the developers which leaves a sour taste in my mouth....

I've been told BT will also be cabling the development (currently no idea whether it'll be ADSL, FTTC or FTTP) so thankfully we won't be prisoners to FibreNest.

It's £45 a month for 500/50 with a free static IP address. I would normally say this is pretty reasonable but my perception is a little skewed by my excellent experience with Hyperoptic.

Getting on to my point: has anyone here used them?

There's barely anything out there on Google aside from reviews from your average Joe.

Cheers

2. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I thought all new builds where OpenReach are doing a fibre install would be normal FTTP and you're free to choose whichever provider you want.

3. Hyburnate

Capodecina

Where are you based? It could be CityFibre or Glide as the provider.

If you provide a rough area or send me a trust with a nearby postcode I can have a go at checking

4. southlegend

Associate

Done. Cheers :)

5. southlegend

Associate

That was my understanding too. Seems not to be the case here though.

Interestingly, one the other side of the street (by a different developer) all have FTTP fitted. It may be that OpenReach will just extend the network?

6. Caged

Capodecina

If the developer is having their own ISP in as some sort of cartel effort then there is no way they’d also be putting the effort in to get Openreach FTTP. You might get FTTC if you’re lucky, if the developer isn’t cooperative at all you might not even have a phone line ready by the day you move in.

Edit: Oh lol it’s Persimmon, of “your new house is actually a leasehold” fame. Expect the worst, absolute scum of an outfit.

7. Relentless81

Sgarrista

Back out if you still can.

8. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Agreed.

9. Datamonkey

Soldato

Some interesting comments here,

Im FTTP in a new build David Wilson Homes, not Persimmon :) however ive yet to find another provider who I can switch to?

BT Seem to have the monopoly and im stuck paying silly prices :(

Please correct me if thats wrong :)

10. rip-the-jacker

Mobster

Yep, I had no choice apart from BT atm.

11. Caged

Capodecina

Zen do FTTP, Sky are dragging their feet over it but have said they will offer it, Cerberus do it, any Daisy reseller has the option to provide it

12. southlegend

Associate

Not my money so I don't have a say in the matter. Without going into too much detail on a public forum: It's being rented for me while I work a contract.

I'm there for at least 18 months so I was just hoping for some user experience from someone who knows what they're talking about.

13. Caged

Capodecina

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  14. Double07

Wise Guy

I can see it lasting as long as the donations they make to our supreme leaders party dont dry up.