Will no one rid us of this foolish woman?

Soldato
I am in no way her biggest fan, but this is an utterly stupid and pathetic thing to be dragged over coals for. We’ve all had a sup on the train. Not as if she was downing 2 litres of cider. She was sipping on a little tin of mojito.

Some people seriously need to get a life.
Quite right. I'm definitely not a fan and find her quite inept at times. I would fear her as home secretary far more than Corben as Prime Minister but, come on, this is a bit much.

Soldato
The mojito is the best one too. Mighty tasty.

TBH I completely forgot that you weren't supposed to drink on the tube.

Seems so stupid that she's sincerely sorry. Whatever, she wasn't blotto and causing trouble and she wasn't bothering anyone. Seems the twitter outrage machine is bored and in full force again until something equally dumb appears on their radar.

Soldato
Quite right. I'm definitely not a fan and find her quite inept at times. I would fear her as home secretary far more than Corben as Prime Minister but, come on, this is a bit much.

So you think that the shadow Home Secretary openly breaking the law and posting it up on social media is ok? It would be as stupid as filming herself breaking the speed limit in her car and posting that up. As stupid as the law maybe, an MP shouldn’t be openly breaking the law, least of all a shadow Home Secretary who's job is to in part potentially deal with law and order.

Caporegime
So you think that the shadow Home Secretary openly breaking the law and posting it up on social media is ok? It would be as stupid as filming herself breaking the speed limit in her car and posting that up. As stupid as the law maybe, an MP shouldn’t be openly breaking the law, least of all a shadow Home Secretary who's job is to in part potentially deal with law and order.
I don’t think she was the one to put it on social media.

Caporegime
I wouldn’t even care if she snorted a line of coke and put it on Facebook, because they all do it anyway.

This is just puritanical hypocrisy.

Soldato
I don’t think she was the one to put it on social media.
You're right, she wasn't. As mundane as it is, it is still against the law. When you're a public figure even littering can prove a hazard. She's done the right thing by owning up to it straight away and not trying to pass it off as much a do about nothing.
At least not compounding her error like Fiona Onasanya.

Caporegime
I’ve no time for Abbot, and frankly a photo of her holding a bottle of scotch in a brown bag would explain a lot, however, we don’t need this non story to prove she’s wholly unsuitable as a potential Home Secretary, she’s already more than proved that point.

Soldato
No agenda here, but things like that are often posted and then reposted without any citation, sometimes true, sometimes not. What had he tweeted before?

Probably nothing, but everyone who speaks out against Abbot is racist according to social media.

Soldato
Probably nothing, but everyone who speaks out against Abbot is racist according to social media.
Well to be fair she does get a fair share of racist abuse so it could well be true. I just hate these throwaway weasel word "apparently" posts without any context, which are then reproduced in similar posts, even if true or not.

Soldato
an MP shouldn’t be openly breaking the law, least of all a shadow Home Secretary who's job is to in part potentially deal with law and order.

Hmmn.

So...

Are you saying that an MP who...

1) Openly ( or at least unashamedly) breaks the Law should be disbarred (or whatever it is that happens to MP's)

2) By implication, An MP should not put themselves in a position where they are able to cast a vote to decriminalize their criminal behaviour?

Back
Top Bottom