Will no one rid us of this foolish woman?

Caporegime
Well to be fair she does get a fair share of racist abuse so it could well be true. I just hate these throwaway weasel word "apparently" posts without any context, which are then reproduced in similar posts, even if true or not.

She also dishes out the racism as well so swings and roundabouts eh?

Soldato
Isn't Abbot the one who defended her choice to sent her own children to a private school on the grounds that she didn't want them going to a school full of Black kids?

And saying "the problem with Britain is white people" and "'White people love playing 'divide & rule". There was that time she insulted Jewish people too.

Can you imagine if a white MP said things similar things about black people...

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a small can, she's not drunk and not bothering anyone. Leave her alone.
That would have been hilariously sad but funny. Her swaying back and forth shouting abuse at people. "Who you looking at you ******* ****. Yeah Im drunk so ******* what".

So you think that the shadow Home Secretary openly breaking the law and posting it up on social media is ok? It would be as stupid as filming herself breaking the speed limit in her car and posting that up.

I don’t think she was the one to put it on social media.

Fair enough, she mildly less stupid.
Really you thought she took a selfie of her self drinking a can of Majito on a train and posted it on twitter?

I’ve no time for Abbot, and frankly a photo of her holding a bottle of scotch in a brown bag would explain a lot.
Haha.

Man of Honour
It's quite common for people to buy some alcohol at Victoria and have a drink or two on the way home. Does this ban include a train departing from Victoria?

Depends on the train. If its a tfl overground, then yes. If it is one of the other operators, then no.

I can quite happily drink on a gwr train out of Paddington, but not a local one.

Soldato
I am in no way her biggest fan, but this is an utterly stupid and pathetic thing to be dragged over coals for. We’ve all had a sup on the train. Not as if she was downing 2 litres of cider. She was sipping on a little tin of mojito.

Some people seriously need to get a life.

Drinking on public transport in London is illegal.

Caporegime
It’s illegal because the ‘adult’ population is childishly useless at moral judgement.

Pre-Conventional
The pre-conventional level of moral reasoning is especially common in children, although adults can also exhibit this level of reasoning. Reasoners in the pre-conventional level judge the morality of an action by its direct consequences. The pre-conventional level consists of the first and second stages of moral development, and are purely concerned with the self in an egocentric manner.

In stage one, individuals focus on the direct consequences that their actions will have for themselves. For example, an action is perceived as morally wrong if the person who commits it gets punished. The worse the punishment for the act is, the more 'bad' the act is perceived to be. In addition, there is no recognition that others' points of view are any different from one's own view. This stage may be viewed as a kind of authoritarianism.

Stage two espouses the what's in it for me position, right behaviour being defined by what is in one's own best interest. Stage two reasoning shows a limited interest in the needs of others, but only to a point where it might further one's own interests, such as you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. In stage two concern for others is not based on loyalty or intrinsic respect. Lacking a perspective of society in the pre-conventional level, this should not be confused with social contract (stage five), as all actions are performed to serve one's own needs or interests. For the stage two theorist, the perspective of the world is often seen as morally relative.

We only know drugs are wrong because someone else says so, yet almost everyone has done it? Why? Because no one cares.

But it’s easy to use it against people for no ******* reason, just because a law says so, even though we all know it’s a useless law. Useless laws need to be rid of.

Since almost literally no one gets punished for some crimes, it is therefore at best morally questionable, at worst neutral and thus our liberty is fundamentally questioned for no reason other than Puritanism.

Back
Top Bottom