• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
"Finished". Custom guetto sleeved fan/hub/pump cables. Temperatures with the case opened are great, closed not much. Gonna compare tonight.

So far pushed 2025mhz at 1175mV. Seems I didn't have much luck in the silicon lottery.

AyCNmvk.jpg
JQDT5fm.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What's temps like now with the change still same xpsc pump res?
Its all still good just getting towards the 80.c on cpu now when the gpu is running and 78-84.c junction has turned to 94.c so Im looking for a slim 240mm radiator now, and yeah possibly a better res and pump combo, I made a wanted thread on the Members market to see if theres someone out there with one

Associate
Why thank you sir. How on earth did you fry the MB, what was it and what did you replace it with?
With a silly rgb hub from bykski. Or I misunderstood the instructions, or I plugged something somewhere I shouldn't, which I wouldn't be surprised cause I have tons of cables of fans, pump, cpu/gpu block leds, etc. Then once plugged, black screen and that little smell of burned chip. Mobo gone. At least was 9am so I ordered another taichi x370 and got it delivered same day from Amazon. Yeah, I could have bought a x470, or any other cheap mobo, but well, I wanted same mobo cause of the black/white theme, plus I didn't want to reinstall windows and all the crap. In the end this custom loop turned out to be way more expensive lol

Soldato
With a silly rgb hub from bykski. Or I misunderstood the instructions, or I plugged something somewhere I shouldn't, which I wouldn't be surprised cause I have tons of cables of fans, pump, cpu/gpu block leds, etc. Then once plugged, black screen and that little smell of burned chip. Mobo gone. At least was 9am so I ordered another taichi x370 and got it delivered same day from Amazon. Yeah, I could have bought a x470, or any other cheap mobo, but well, I wanted same mobo cause of the black/white theme, plus I didn't want to reinstall windows and all the crap. In the end this custom loop turned out to be way more expensive lol
Damn, i have that bykski hub also, and i was sticking leds and cables in all sorts of headers the wrong way round like a maniac I am so lucky in retrospect that I didn't do the same

Soldato
I forgot to ask you all, I have had this strange thing with the Radeon 7 since day 1 (happened with the first one that i RMA'd as well) but when my pc goes to sleep or the pc has been off for a while and i wake it , half my screen has many many strange little green dots split perfectly down the middle of the screen, this goes away after 2 minutes but worries me everytime, anyone else either have this or enable hibernate and tell me if this happens for you, if so we should all report it to the feedback thingy

Associate

I still use that little RGB hub on my EK Rgb water block, it works well but I guess I know what you did, you had the molex powering the hub then connected the RGB out to the RGB header on the M/B and if connected the wrong way round, ie: positive negative then yea it would burn some thing out.
that's bad luck indeed, sorry to hear that as that little hub works well, but not worth a motherboard for sure. but have to say its looking sweet now even if more expensive than you wanted.

Soldato
I still use that little RGB hub on my EK Rgb water block, it works well but I guess I know what you did, you had the molex powering the hub then connected the RGB out to the RGB header on the M/B and if connected the wrong way round, ie: positive negative then yea it would burn some thing out.
that's bad luck indeed, sorry to hear that as that little hub works well, but not worth a motherboard for sure. but have to say its looking sweet now even if more expensive than you wanted.
Still hanging around here turncoat ? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Associate
I forgot to ask you all, I have had this strange thing with the Radeon 7 since day 1 (happened with the first one that i RMA'd as well) but when my pc goes to sleep or the pc has been off for a while and i wake it , half my screen has many many strange little green dots split perfectly down the middle of the screen, this goes away after 2 minutes but worries me everytime, anyone else either have this or enable hibernate and tell me if this happens for you, if so we should all report it to the feedback thingy

cant say i ever seen that, but wonder if its monitor specific maybe. i always used display port connection, maybe its HDMI related.

Back
Top Bottom