• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Maybe that is what a good binned one is like?
Could be that it boosts to 2000 out the box, or undervolts to 950mv, if seems extremely cruel if they are garbage at I assume they cost the same if not more than a regular one??
I'm so confused by this

$50 premium for the anniversary card. My card has a default voltage of 1104mv and doesn't like undervolting at all.

Soldato
An anecdotal observation after being part of this thread from page one, but it seems the best Radeon VII chip reports are from the first batch
My first one that i bought within 2 minutes of launch was awful,a sapphire, it would crash at stock settings 1081mv and refused to undervolt, I had to underclock it to keep it stable so i RMA'd it, my second one replacement has a stock mv of 1051mv and is a little beast and is the asrock one

Soldato
That might be a problem with those certain games. I'm not able to run Wolfenstein 2 as well, black screen but with sound and many others around Google too, I just gave it trying to make it work. All the rest of the games of my library run just fine.

Yeah a lot of games work flawlessly and some have some very bad instability issues with this card.

Where does it sit at the moment? About 1080Ti speeds? I guess as time goes on we'll see a gradual performance increase.

Depends on the game, Sometimes 1080 Ti performance, Some faster than a 2080, It's all over the place.

Permabanned
An anecdotal observation after being part of this thread from page one, but it seems the best Radeon VII chip reports are from the first batch
My first one that i bought within 2 minutes of launch was awful,a sapphire, it would crash at stock settings 1081mv and refused to undervolt, I had to underclock it to keep it stable so i RMA'd it, my second one replacement has a stock mv of 1051mv and is a little beast and is the asrock one

I grabbed one on release day too, I run the core at 1802 mhz with the voltage dropped to 999mv, as for the memory it's runs fine at 1200mhz but I run it at 1101mhz to help the environment. :rolleyes: We must all do our part. :D

Soldato
I had 2 of those for my vega 64, I would never again go near them even if someone paid me, the first one the pump died before i could use the card, the second one pump died while i was at work and came home to a burnt out gpu.
Plus is that not the single most ugly Pc component you have ever seen in your life.
I can't stress enough and @Vince will back me on this, to avoid this like a plague of wasps the size of dogs

Associate
Blimey that's bad. I've got that cooler block design on my 64 and its really good however I'm using a custom loop with a ddc pump. If it was a system like the above I would be worried now.

Soldato
As I was saying, hope you guys got your purchases in. It's going to become awfully scarce again.

4sspd3isnwv21.jpg

Also, the MSI rep he brokered the deal with said they're not making any more VIIs either.

Back
Top Bottom