DVLA Rant!

Soldato
Just a Rant really.

******* useless government departments...

Just got a New-Old car.

I have the new V5C (In my name)

Trying to SORN it because I dont wish to use it just now.

On line wont work, Apparently SORN unsuccessful because old owner hasn't informed DVLA of the change of ownership and I should wait for the new V5C and try gain (Remember what I just said about just having received V5C in my name! :rolleyes: )

No matter thinks I, I will phone, talk to a real person and all that.

Nope, too easy. Phone system simply attempts to go through the process via a machine where I have to use the information on my new V5C (which apparently doesn't exist :rolleyes:) with no option for trying to talk to a real person!

ARRRGHhhrrr!

(I think I will just wait a couple of days and try again)

Soldato
Probably best to wait, I mean you don't want to get your blood pressure too high at your age ;):p

Odd that the V5 details aren't being recognised though...

I had a similarly frustrating experience recently trying to find out about a lost deposit made at the post office and there wasn't a single option in the whole of the automated telephone system (and I tried them all) that just got me through to a person, it all either just ended the call or pointed me to the website to contact them.

Associate
Have you tried using the number on the new keeper slip?

I've also had a weird thing where I've had to select the existing owner (or something) option rather than the new owner. If you've got a V5 in your name you're not a new owner, even if you've just bought it.

Soldato
Don't get me started with the DVLA. Thanks to them sending me out of date information I sent payment £5 short for tax & registration of my new car and they rejected the application. Now I'm over a month down the line and still don't have reg having had to re-apply. Why the **** do I have to do this via snail mail with cheques, is it 1990 or what? Fuming this is taking so long tbh, back before the tory scum shut down the DVLA offices you could go to the local office and register a car there and then but now you can't even do it in person if you go to Swansea.

Soldato
They are useless, I tried to contact them to see what I could do about a colour change on the V5 as the car was incorrectly registered as being black when it is in fact a very dark blue so was changed by a previous owner years ago but it now shows up as a colour change warning on a HPI check.

Filled out the form online, received an email to send more details, received another email for more info and then the response was "can you write to us" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom