Mountain Biking

Soldato
New calibre sentry looks awesome but wtf is going on with their photo on website lol.

http://calibrebicycles.com/bike/sentry/

Popped into the local Go Outdoors to see if they've got one of these in yet, turns out they've just been bought by JD sports so haven't had any deliveries in for two weeks but might be getting one in this week!

Also found out due to the change over that the discount cards are currently free as they're new computer system doesn't work with them properly yet, so if you haven't got one might be worth popping along :D

Soldato
This little bit is the wedge holding the bearing in place.
https://i.imgur.com/bxLRFzw.png

You need to take that out first. It might be a bit sticky because the steerer is quite rusty.

Yup you were right. I looked at it again in the daylight today, wiped it over and picked that out. Bingo in business.

Just need to get a new headset now. Semi integrated 1 1/8” it looks like. I’ll try those websites which list them as some forum info is lost to the mists of time now it’s that old.

Soldato
Loads of ZS44 semi integrated headsets available.

I changed one on this boardman hybrid recently....

On that subject you will want to change the crown race on the fork as it will be designed to work on the open ball bearing races you have rather than a seal cartridge with a 45 degree chamfer.

Soldato
We usually do The Marin Trail on one day and Penmachno the following day. There’s a bunk house at one of the pubs in Betws-y-coed for £10 a night sharing and they let you keep your bikes locked up in the pub cellar overnight.
I rode The Marin Trail and Penmachno both for the first time yesterday on my new Trance 1. Tough going doing both but good trails i would love to ride again.

Soldato
Looking for a bit of advice on dropper posts. Trying to find a reasonably priced 100mm travel internally routed dropper for the girlfriend but can't seem to find anything in the UK. Loads of 120/125mm options but unfortunately they are too big. Anyone got any suggestions? Trying to get to as close to £100 as possible but not looking likely

Soldato
Some aren't though.

Though on this occasion im wrong, that headset doesn't have a replaceable bearing but the cup is the outer race with a ring holding the inner race in place. It will have a angled crown race.

Soldato
Some aren't though.

Though on this occasion im wrong, that headset doesn't have a replaceable bearing but the cup is the outer race with a ring holding the inner race in place. It will have a angled crown race.

That’s right. I ordered an FSA replacement from CRC which comes with a crown race so if required I can change it. I don’t ride the bike much, used to just ride it to work/back in Aus but hammered it quite a lot over here before that.

Just thought it would be nice to ride on summer nights as a recovery ride instead of the turbo, not much fun with duff steering. The rear hub is a bit grumbly but I packed it with grease and plan to ignore it!

Soldato
Looking for a bit of advice on dropper posts. Trying to find a reasonably priced 100mm travel internally routed dropper for the girlfriend but can't seem to find anything in the UK. Loads of 120/125mm options but unfortunately they are too big. Anyone got any suggestions? Trying to get to as close to £100 as possible but not looking likely

Might be difficult to find one in that price range new. Take a look on Pinkbike - https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/

Soldato
What seat post diameter? There are some cx versions about but not in the bigger sizes.

Soldato
Ah yea forgot that important bit of info, 31.6. Looks like I'll need to keep an eye out second hand, will see if the 120mm travel im ordering fits but pretty sure it is just too big
It might be a few quid more than £100 (£140 or so looks about right) but the one up components dropper would work. It's 150mm drop, but can be shimmed down to 100mm or anything in between. It is also one of the shortest droppers in terms of stack height. They've just released a new version so you might be able to get the old one cheap.

Back
Top Bottom