Mountain Biking

Associate
Came so close to just driving to Afan Saturday night and sleeping in the back of the van but it’s a 5 hour drive and I’m already away for two weekend this week. Would have to take 6 weeks off the bike after the Mrs neuters me :p
Hahaha poor sod. Surely hills is a good one for a climb I second that. Failing that do the beast of a burden at bike park wales that’s a nice long climb

Soldato
The pedal & spoke shop ride is a good one to go along on, you'll see a few decent trails but you'll still have no idea where you are most odd the time! Strava the ride and you'll be able to follow it afterwards.

Associate
Looks like the first ride on the new bike will be at Penmachno. Another new trail for me.
Where abouts is that I’ve not heard of it?
My mates currently just having a new standon full suspension made, 2 weeks left before they finish it so a months time I’ll be back out on some trails at last.

Soldato
North Wales.

The end section of Cli-Machx is brilliant if you're in the area.

IMG-2019030-184238.jpg

Soldato
Beerbaron, have you used the trials at Rushmere and Aspley Wood?

I used to do a lot of road cycling 10-12 years. Stopped due to general life and then looked to get back on the bike (purchased a mountain bike for change of scenery) about 4 years ago. Illness put a stop to that but now thankfully all good to go.

Popped my bike into the local bike shop for a general once over and getting it back this week, so keen to get out.

Had my regular road routes but struggling to think of any decent off road trials!

Associate
So I've had my bike for a few weeks now just been riding canal paths and around parks with my son. Got a helmet this week so went to Southampton bike park this morning.

Not jumped a bike for around 15years so I stuck to the line of 5 tabletops. Wasn't doing to bad then, had a crash.

Hit the last jump a little sideways and went OTB on the other side. Winded myself and hit my shoulder pretty hard, did a few rolls with the bike.

Young lads came over to see if I was OK and all I could do was make a stupid noise until I caught my breath.

Gutted as I was having fun, hopefully my shoulder will feel fine in a couple of days.

Helmet did it's job and saved my face from the floor and the pedal from hitting the back of my head.

Good times :D

Forgot to update this. Fell off bike Friday, thought my shoulder was just badly bruised. Still felt dodgy on Monday, went to get it checked Tuesday morning. Had an Xray and turns out I broke my Clavicle, snapped right on the shoulder.

Now stuck in a sling. Gutted! Been signed off work for another four weeks. Been off a week and I'm bored already! Can't ride bike, can't game with kb&m.

Nice to do school runs and see the wife a bit more tho. I work 4 days, she works 3 nights so don't normally have this much free time together. Can't even take advantage of that :(

Soldato
Forgot to update this. Fell off bike Friday, thought my shoulder was just badly bruised. Still felt dodgy on Monday, went to get it checked Tuesday morning. Had an Xray and turns out I broke my Clavicle, snapped right on the shoulder.

Now stuck in a sling. Gutted! Been signed off work for another four weeks. Been off a week and I'm bored already! Can't ride bike, can't game with kb&m.

Nice to do school runs and see the wife a bit more tho. I work 4 days, she works 3 nights so don't normally have this much free time together. Can't even take advantage of that :(

Welcome to the long, long, long list of MTBers who have broken their collarbone! :D

Did my left clavicle and my left arm in one off back when I was about 15. Great because 2/3 weeks off school, bad because all I could play in that time was games that only used the mouse :p Let's just day i was SICK at Simcity 4 :p

Soldato
New calibre sentry looks awesome but wtf is going on with their photo on website lol.

http://calibrebicycles.com/bike/sentry/

Looks like a really great bike for such a small price! If current plans work out as expected I may even have to go and look at one :D It's nice to see there's still manufacturers out there that are trying to make a decent bike for a reasonable amount of cash. It seems you have to drop £3k+ on a full-sus bike these days to move away from budget parts :(

The photo with the kid staring at it? :p

Soldato
Looks like a really great bike for such a small price! If current plans work out as expected I may even have to go and look at one :D It's nice to see there's still manufacturers out there that are trying to make a decent bike for a reasonable amount of cash. It seems you have to drop £3k+ on a full-sus bike these days to move away from budget parts :(

The photo with the kid staring at it? :p

Yeah and when I refresh page on my mobile I see a thermometer on a wall alongside the screen the bike is in front of lol. Certainly a strange one!

Back
Top Bottom