Good lease deals on less than great cars

Soldato
True, there are other deals on there though, still cheaper total cost than the £11k+ you're looking at.

Have you looked at pcp through carwow or a broker? There's been a good few year end sale deals cropping up.

Wasn't really looking for my self. Looking for the wife a cx5 and saw it. Im not looking to actually do anything for a few months but am checking prices out for an idea of a good deal when the time comes.

Soldato
Good/great leases have died a dead in the last 12 months or so. It's a real struggle to find anything decent at all. The days of deals around/under 20% of list price have long since gone.

Nothing amazing around these days - I keep an eye out weekly for great lease deals but nothing comes close to the last 2 leases i've had.

Current - Golf Gti - 3 + 23 @ £230 a month on 10k (then extended for another 12 months at £191 a month!!!)
previous - vRS estate DSG - 1 + 35 - £240 a month on 10k

Man of Honour
I don't think that measuring the value for money of a lease against the fantasy list price that nobody ever pays is that prudent. Some of these cars are much as 30% off list if you buy one.

Associate
I agree with Fox about the list price that should be £50000 and you could get one for £40000, even so I am paying less than the depreciation over that time so still a happy bunny. It works out at 22% of the lower figure.

Soldato
Anyone know if a new octavia is due out?

I have been looking at deals and the price has dropped slowly

I've seen a petrol auto VRS for £302 deposit £302 per month, no admin fees. There are a couple just under £300 per month but have admin fees and cost more overall

1+35 months
8k miles per year

total cost £10892 so £3630 per year

Thats the cheapest i have seen for around 6 months.

Soldato
Soldato

I've seen a petrol auto VRS for £302 deposit £302 per month, no admin fees. There are a couple just under £300 per month but have admin fees and cost more overall

1+35 months
8k miles per year

I think so yea will be announced in 2019
https://uk.motor1.com/news/314762/new-skoda-octavia-launch-2019/

Soldato
sorry to keep bumping this thread :p

i don't know why but I've got it in my head that you should lease for 3 years max.

What are down sides to leasing for 4 years?

Soldato

i don't know why but I've got it in my head that you should lease for 3 years max.

What are downsides to leasing for 4 years?
Whilst a different kettle of fish, at work we lease vans and switched to 4 years from 3 years just before I joined the company. I can say that we have noticed considerably more issues with the vans which are in their last year / 6 months compared with the earlier vans. Potentially more trouble than they're worth at that point but it does push back another initial payment another year. They do 20k or so a year and aren't exactly treated well though.

Soldato
2 - 3 years is the optimal lease time - servicing, warranty etc.

Don't know if i mentioned here, but we recently took delivery of the new Seat Tarracco 2l - £268 per month + £19 maintanance pack (includes service and tyres etc) 8k miles and was £500 deposit with £199 fee.

Soldato

What are down sides to leasing for 4 years?

If you can extend the warranty for a reasonable price. None I think.

Obviously adding that extra year can mean you stop spending so much on depreciation.

4 cars x 3 years over 12 years or

3 cars x 4 years over 12 years?

Soldato
A 4 year lease can work out more expensive once you factor in repairs and servicing

• Many cars are 2yr / 18k service interval. A 4 year lease potentially means a second service (£200-£300)
  • You'll have to MOT it (£50)
  • It will likely be outside the manufacturers warranty for the last year so you'll be liable for the repairs (£?)
  • Depending on your mileage you might not need any new tyres on a 2 year lease. On a 4 year you will (£400?)
The best deals I've seen have usually been 2 year leases once you factor in overall running costs. The amortised monthly cost of the lease is often slightly less on a longer lease but not enough to offset the additional running costs.

Soldato
A 4 year lease can work out more expensive once you factor in repairs and servicing

• Many cars are 2yr / 18k service interval. A 4 year lease potentially means a second service (£200-£300)
  • You'll have to MOT it (£50)
  • It will likely be outside the manufacturers warranty for the last year so you'll be liable for the repairs (£?)
  • Depending on your mileage you might not need any new tyres on a 2 year lease. On a 4 year you will (£400?)
The best deals I've seen have usually been 2 year leases once you factor in overall running costs. The amortised monthly cost of the lease is often slightly less on a longer lease but not enough to offset the additional running costs.

Not to mention that the monthlies are often not that different to a 2/3 year lease term, so you end up covering depreciation cost and more for the last year or two of the lease.

Associate

1+35 months
8k miles per year

Well if you could, do a 3+35.

You can get the following

10k per annum
£276.22 monthly payment
£828.66 initial
£300 admin

works out to £10,796.36 or just under £3600 a year and and could get it cheaper depending on the mileage but from personal experience 8/10k doesn't make a massive difference (unless you go over).

Back
Top Bottom