*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Sure, but they wouldn't have released the gameplay trailer if it wasn't at least representative of what the game will look like. In 30 odd years of gaming I've never seen a game go from average looking in early released footage to utterly amazing by release. In-fact its often the other way round with graphics getting downgraded by time of release :p

Well, they weren't going to release it at all initially. A positive reaction from the press convinced them to release it to the public, but at first it was more a proof of gameplay concept than anything.

Associate
For some of us this will be one of the few games worth the time playing it. Witcher 3 was an experience on a whole different level, so we want to experience Cyberpunk 2077 in the best way possible, i.e. max settings + 4k + >=60fps

Fair point

I'd be curious to know which games look better to you though.

Well first of all its a bit of unfair comparison as all we can judge Cyberpunk on is a 1080p video which has probably suffered from compression artefacts etc... but if I had to answer your questions id say:

Star Citizen, BF1, Far Cry 5, Metro Exodus... that's some more recent ones off the top of my head

I just wasn't impressed at all by the visuals in the video released, visually it just looked really underwhelming and even a little dated given I was expecting this to be some kind of benchmark setter given the hype. The art style etc was fine (hideously intrusive HUD aside), the world looked cool but on a technical level the graphics just don't look anything special at all.

Soldato
Fair point

Well first of all its a bit of unfair comparison as all we can judge Cyberpunk on is a 1080p video which has probably suffered from compression artefacts etc... but if I had to answer your questions id say:

Star Citizen, BF1, Far Cry 5, Metro Exodus... that's some more recent ones off the top of my head

I just wasn't impressed at all by the visuals in the video released, visually it just looked really underwhelming and even a little dated given I was expecting this to be some kind of benchmark setter given the hype. The art style etc was fine (hideously intrusive HUD aside), the world looked cool but on a technical level the graphics just don't look anything special at all.

I thought it was just me but as much as I am looking forward to this game, I have to be honest. It looks like a modified engine which the first Bioshock ran on. However, I'm throwing my worries out the window until we see some proper in game footage.

Soldato
"Cyberpunk 2077 public E3 2019 demo presentation won’t be streamed or uploaded online" - DSOG

They said the same last year, IIRC, but made it available after the positive reaction. Hopefully it will be the same this year.

Soldato
Late 2020 is my guess. I'm still very much looking forward to it at the moment, but with every passing year I seem to become less interested in gaming. We'll see...

Caporegime
Late 2020 is my guess. I'm still very much looking forward to it at the moment, but with every passing year I seem to become less interested in gaming. We'll see...

I think this is one title that will rekindle your interest. *fingers crossed it will be at least as good as The Witcher 3*

Soldato
Collectors edition contents are now showing (although not yet available to purchase :/)

https://www.cyberpunk.net/gb/en/pre-order

• COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOX

• CASE WITH GAME DISCS (XBOX/PS4)

• CASE WITH GAME CODE AND SOUNDTRACK CDS (PC)

• REVERSIBLE COVER

• COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK®

• 25 CM / 10 INCH STATUE DEPICTING V — THE GAME’S PROTAGONIST — IN ACTION

• HARDCOVER ART BOOK

• METAL PIN SET

• QUADRA VTECH METAL KEYCHAIN

• AN ANNOTATED COPY OF A VISITOR’S GUIDE TO NIGHT CITY SEALED IN AN NCPD EVIDENCE BAG

• EMBROIDERED PATCHES

• WORLD COMPENDIUM DETAILING THE GAME’S SETTING AND LORE

• POSTCARDS FROM NIGHT CITY

• MAP OF NIGHT CITY

• STICKER BOMB SET

Back
Top Bottom