*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
I just don't understand pre-ordering digital copies when there are no pre-order incentives. Not like they sell out which is why you would pre-order physical copies back in the day

Agreed, it's an old way of thinking that's stuck around for far too long.

The timing of this is pretty good, BL3 for 6/7 months then this :cool:

Soldato
I can guarantee you it'll be cheaper on sites like GMG less than a month before release. Plus why would you give someone £50 for nothing in return for nearly a year, especially when (however unlikely) it's not guaranteed to be anything amazing and you have no way of knowing currently.
What kind of dodgy place takes the money upfront.

Will worth preordering on Amazon as you always get the cheapest price.

Caporegime
I can guarantee you it'll be cheaper on sites like GMG less than a month before release. Plus why would you give someone £50 for nothing in return for nearly a year, especially when (however unlikely) it's not guaranteed to be anything amazing and you have no way of knowing currently.

Because unlike every other studio out there, CDPR has earned people's trust? I would rather them make a good profit from this as to ensure future development. They are not perfect, no studio is, but from a 'me-the-consumer' point of view they have been more reliable than even some of my oldest friends :p

Soldato
Since when did YouTube become full of comments like:

Me: You
You: Me

Anyway, Man, this game looks unbelievable, CDPR really are masters of their craft. Looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay.

Soldato
Because unlike every other studio out there, CDPR has earned people's trust? I would rather them make a good profit from this as to ensure future development. They are not perfect, no studio is, but from a 'me-the-consumer' point of view they have been more reliable than even some of my oldest friends :p

Why do you have to give them it 10 months in advance for them to make a profit? Are you saying you would choose to pay more than you have to for absolutely no benefit?

I understand that they have earned trust but I still do not see any reason to pay for something you won't see any return on at all for almost a year.

Caporegime
Why do you have to give them it 10 months in advance for them to make a profit?

Money received now can be used now, fund further development/DLCs or even new IPs.

Are you saying you would choose to pay more than you have to for absolutely no benefit?

I choose to pay what I wish and can afford to pay, if everyone only bought games 3 years after release in a Humble Bundle at under a fiver, then no future games would be made.

I understand that they have earned trust but I still do not see any reason to pay for something you won't see any return on at all for almost a year.

SomethingsomethingBrexitlol :p

Soldato
Each to their own mate and I am not going to judge you for it. I don't personally plan on pre-ordering but if I can get it on GMG for £40 at launch I don't know why I would give someone £50 now to get nothing in return for nearly a year.

Soldato
I never really buy collectors editions but thought maybe I'd make an exception for this, then I saw the price! Standard edition for me I think.

Soldato
I never really buy collectors editions but thought maybe I'd make an exception for this, then I saw the price! Standard edition for me I think.

Same. I've never bought a collectors edition before, I don't ever preorder either as I usually wait till games I want to play are reduced in price, but as The Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games and as Cyberpunk 2077 is set in a genre/world I am a huge fan of I think I'll preorder it when it becomes available.

Back
Top Bottom