Best X570 Motherboards

Soldato
OP
@EsaT yes, I think I'll give Asus a swerve this time round. I've had almost half a dozen of their boards in the past and I do like the BIOS and features, but there's probably better value elsewhere.

I'm pretty much convinced that I'll move from ITX to ATX this time too, there's simply more choice.

Soldato
This whole "server-grade PCB" business - we need someone to buy all the boards and film themself bending them with equal force, timing how long each takes until they snap, feeding the scraps to their pitbull. Viral video - "Breaking fifty X570 motherboards to feed my dog". Then, and only then, can we be sure which motherboard is the best. Or was.

Associate
Interested in the MSI X570-Gaming-Plus - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS for a new build.
Currently have an MSI Z97-GAMING-5 which has served me faithfully for a while now; never had any issue with it.

Wonder what will be the pricepoint for midrange X570 mobos at launch...

I'm in the same boat - I've got a MSI Z97-Gaming and it's never put a foot wrong in 6 years so happy to go with MSI again. I like the look of the Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi - but not sure if I'm going to need a more robust VRM set up for overclocking.

Associate
I'm in the same boat - I've got a MSI Z97-Gaming and it's never put a foot wrong in 6 years so happy to go with MSI again. I like the look of the Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi - but not sure if I'm going to need a more robust VRM set up for overclocking.

I was looking at that, but no idea what the price point will be or where the sweet spot is for overclockability vs cost... Do not need Wifi or many of the features of that motherboard that push the price up...

Don
Personally I doubt it's worth any extra cost beyond a few pounds unless you have a niche use. You can't really see any real world difference between the likes of NVMe and SATA SSD drives as it is.

Soldato
OP
Personally I doubt it's worth any extra cost beyond a few pounds unless you have a niche use. You can't really see any real world difference between the likes of NVMe and SATA SSD drives as it is.

Do you think there's an advantage to moving from Nvme to Nvme RAID?

I have 2 that I could use, but if my current motherboard is confirmed as fine in terms of power deliver etc. then I'm running out of reasons to justify the move to an x570 board.

Back
Top Bottom