Best Controller for PC

Soldato
There is a app made by some guy after Microsoft dropped status support via there own app which works well on windows: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/7134-xbox-one-controller-battery-indicator.html puts small Icon in system tray showing status of each controller connected in terms of battery life and can play an audible warning if battery gets low. Pretty basic, but does the job and very light. It does take like 20 seconds initially for controller battery life to be detected for the very first time.
OOOoooOOOOO.
Thanks matey!

Soldato
Yeh, I find it great ergonomically, but the stick drift problem should have been sorted out a long time ago.

I've had four PS pads, the first dating back to the original PS1, and they all still work perfectly.

Meanwhile, I have two 360 and one Xbox One pad fubarred.
Yeah same. I thought i might have just been too heavy handed, but after googling it it seems to be a widespread problem. Never had an issue with my Sony pads and I played a hell of a lot more games on console back when i had a PS 1 and 2.

I'm being super careful with my Elite pad as it's a lot to lose if that starts drifting. If it does i'm just going to buy a PS4 pad and try using that on PC, even though I prefer the feel of the MS pads.

Associate
I'm being super careful with my Elite pad as it's a lot to lose if that starts drifting. If it does i'm just going to buy a PS4 pad and try using that on PC, even though I prefer the feel of the MS pads.

I take your point but if a 120 odd quid pad thats supposed to be the beat of the best has to be mollycoddled ita time to try somwthing else.

Im not a fan of xbox pads but the elite is lovely.

Man of Honour
Depends what I'm playing. Generally it's mouse and keyboard/Belkin N52te

If I need a pad, it's a wireless 360 pad. Possibly the best controller made. If only the D-pad was better.
Otherwise, It'll be one of my arcade sticks. Normally a leafswitched 8 way with leafswitched buttons.

Associate
I used an XBox 360 controller for tens years until receiving an Xbox One controller as a gift in January. I wasn't sold on the slightly larger size and firmer shoulder buttons initially but now I love it. The d-pad is a vast improvement (my only gripe with the 360 one) and I've acclimatised to it very quickly. The lack of a in built battery is a little irritating but I was used to that from the 360 one. A bonus of the newer revisions is that any Bluetooth dongle will work with them (saves buying the official one for £20, my £8 from the rainforest has had zero issues thus far) and I use it in conjunction with a long USB cable.

The PS4 controller is very nice but I've always preferred the thumb stick layout of the Xbox ones. I guess it just comes down to what's more important to you, native support or in built battery, and thumb stick placement. Both feel great in the hands.

Soldato
xbox one controller.
the bluetooth is a bit crap tho. tried to play it wirelessly and from 3m away it was playing up but i just use a usb cable hidden in the room.
i think its definitely a step up from the 360 altho i do love the 360s fit in the hand.

if u have a ps4, there is an argument for just using that with PC instead as its nice to universally use one controller on every platform and its a nice one too. Has a few gimicks you might like or hate (like the sound for some games coming from the controller lol).

If i had to pick one just for PC use.. it'd be the xbox one just simply due to compataibility with games. by compataibility, i mean button prompts. i played DQXI and they didn't support the PS4 controller's buttons showing on prompts.. its a small inconvienance that the other one doesn't have to deal with, and given that the margins of difference between the two in the grand scheme of thins is nearly none, that swings it for me.

I still prefer my bluetooth mouse and keyboard for most things tho.
You’re kitting? The range is phenomenal for me. Very strange.

Associate
I use the xbox 360 for windows pad, works amazing and never had a problem with it despite it being heavily used and abused, mainly use it for platform/third person and driving games (when I cant be bothered to set the wheel up) I use keyboard and mouse only for fps games

Associate
Xbox One or Steam Controller are the best.

Never liked the PS pads. The thumb sticks are far too close together, with the D-PAD being in the primary position of where the thumb stick should be, plus the whole design of the controller screams 1990's. Yeah, it's ****.

Soldato
360 for me also - using the same one for at least 10 years.
the only problem is the dpad, which is crap.

Thinking about getting an xbox one and play it wired.

Soldato
I have the Razer Sabertooth and it's a great pad. The best pad is looking to be the new elite Xbox one. Its an absolute beast by the looks of it

Back
Top Bottom