Male and Female He Created Them: Towards a Path of Dialogue on the Question of Gender in Education

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The Vatican has released a new document challenging modern conceptions of gender identity.

The 31-page teaching guidance, released on Monday, is titled Male and Female He Created Them.

It speaks of an "educational crisis" and says the current debate can "annihilate the concept of nature" and destabilise the family institution.

BBC article

I'm struggling to find an actual link to the document called 'Male and Female He Created Them: Towards a Path of Dialogue on the Question of Gender in Education' but key quotes pulled from news columns show its direction.

(edit I have found a download link: clicky)

It says current theories "move away from nature" and instead "towards an absolute option for the decision of the feelings of the human subject".

It also says moveable sexual identities are "often founded on nothing more than a confused concept of freedom in the realm of feelings and wants".

I can't believe we are now at a stage where the Vatican is releasing updated information to help guide the modern world through this modern "problem". Although they also say

It goes on to say that gender is not decided upon by individuals but imputed by God: "The Holy Scripture reveals the wisdom of the Creator's design, which has assigned as a task to man his body, his masculinity and femininity."

Whether they are right or wrong I'm glad they are trying to tame the wildness of this trans beast.

I don't care too much either way regarding the individual but I absolutely hate how influencial they have become around our children and throughout our institutions, so this guidance for education is more than welcome!

Am I being a cave man?

Last edited:
Associate
Embrace your gender NVP , there's nothing more exciting than wearing a nice dress skirt and stockings and suspenders no matter what's between your legs. As far as religion no thanks petal I'm not that warped. Fabswingers anyone :D. Were are you based and are you hairy?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Wow. I had no idea this thread would concentrate so much on the religious aspect and not the message in general.

Is this what's wrong with society, we don't like the messengers beliefs so we won't even entertain the message?

I'm hopeful this will aid our education staff when dealing with the extremities around this topic. Would this influence the UK education system at all? I assume firstly via UK Church Schools (Roman catholic?) My ancestry is Sikh so I don't know much about Christianity other than what I learned in assembly but the Vatican is related to the Catholics right, not CoE schools? But would CoE schools still use the guidance?

Is this actually a case of fighting one extreme with another?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Is it now?

If you dig up the references and sources for this forced "logic" that biological gender is different to "your actual gender" you'll find they stem from articles and studies from biased resources pushing their own interpretation. The problem is the kids have already listened the past 15 years and are now young adults pushing the same BS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Went to a catholic school, pretty much just RE lessons and the weekly assembly with some prayers or whatever.

Plenty of religious based things to be taught, yet they taught nothing interesting whatsoever. So many pantheons of gods throughout history, epic stories, real meaning behind them.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Oh really? I'd always pictured them like that church Sunday school bits from the Simpsons - I admit I am extremely ignorant on the subject.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
If gender and sex were identical, why do we have two separate terms?
Biological gender and biological sex have been used interchangeably for as long as forever as far as I am aware, the distinction now only appears to be context based to fit certain arguments.

Edit: It doesn't actually matter though. Do as you please to yourself but don't force incorrect knowledge onto my children. Don't involve the innocent in your lies and don't force institutions to apply warped logic. There's nothing wrong with the current system.

Last edited:
Soldato
"He" created them?

what makes anyone think God is a man? a thing, maybe

the whole thing really is beyond stupid, but humans gonna human so

The Abrahamic God as defined by the Bible is referred to as a male and as 'father'. The biblical order was Male - Female both unique, both complimentary to each other.

The Abrahamic structure for family is well defined too.

Still, it doesn't fit with modern society and a point was reached where theology was shifted to meet the ever changing ethos. God, the Bible's teachings and Jesus's message are filled with new revelations of modern church pastors and leaders moulding it to suit.

Judaism, Christianity and Catholicism share the same Abrahamic God, definition of God and Old Testament laws but have a different approach to salvation.

Gender Studies is a social science, with peer review journals self propagating the thesis and determinants.

There are also clear separation of structures of trans groups, non binary, fully transitioning/transitioned M-F and hermaphrodites. Although from a media perspective this often appears bypassed and the latters often used by the formers in uncorroborated justification.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it now?

If you dig up the references and sources for this forced "logic" that biological gender is different to "your actual gender" you'll find they stem from articles and studies from biased resources pushing their own interpretation. The problem is the kids have already listened the past 15 years and are now young adults pushing the same BS.
This.

I truly hate all this gender politics BS.

There are 4 options here.

You are a Man/Male
You are a Woman/Female
You are intersex and were born with both male and female reproductive organs (ie Caster Semenya)
You are mentally ill and have a delusion that you are something other than what you were born as.

Back
Top Bottom