Amazon driver delivered parcel ... stole another !

Associate
Hi all

I was expecting to see parcels from amazon and ebay when i got home from work after getting notifications to say they had arrived.
When getting home there was only one in the porch , checked the bins and other silly places parcels have been left in the past but nothing there.

Decided to have a quick look on the nest camera to see if delivery was attempted ( had loads in the past that don't bother )

And there he is clear as day , walks up to the house with a white amazon bag .... walks off with the grey ebay parcel.

Has this happened to any of you in the past ?

Ive contacted amazon who have raised a complaint , i would have thought id be in for a decent bit of compo ? pretty bad having something stolen from your property.

Ive clipped the video but not shared it as was unsure if it would be ME that ended up in trouble for not blurring his face or something

Associate
OP
Haha well I did think of the police first but let’s be honest , are they really going to do anything ? ( again maybe that’s just the location hey )

Caporegime
I didn't think they were allowed to just leave packages outside. Every time I've not been in, they've taken it back or left it with a neighbour.

Associate
OP
In your account you can assign a “safe place” so if there’s no answer they will leave it there. So we leave our front porch open for stuff to be left there.

I think we can assign our post office as a drop off I’ll have to start using there.

Man of Honour
id get intouch with the company that delivered your Amazon parcel (Yodel at a guess :p ) and tell them you have video evidence of their driver stealing a package from your doorstep

Associate
OP
So after contacting amazon and sending them the nest video link the guys manager just rang me.
They have spoken to the delivery driver , he has admitted to taking the parcel ( no **** it’s a clear as day video ) , they have the parcel and the manager is going to deliver it back.
That’s a good start I guess...

Soldato
So after contacting amazon and sending them the nest video link the guys manager just rang me.
They have spoken to the delivery driver , he has admitted to taking the parcel ( no **** it’s a clear as day video ) , they have the parcel and the manager is going to deliver it back.
That’s a good start I guess...
That driver will either be sacked or they will all have a great laugh about being caught behind your back lol

Soldato
The delivery driver should get the sack, disgraceful and if you didn't have it on camera you wouldn't have known.

The sack? He should be prosecuted for it, you've got video footage, the guy has admitted it, apparently the police are keen on easy to solve cases to boost their stats, this one should be a walk in the park!!

Associate
OP
The delivery driver should get the sack, disgraceful and if you didn't have it on camera you wouldn't have known.

This is whats annoying me most , if it wasn't for the camera i wouldn't of known / been told its my fault for allowing the porch to be used / been out of pocket.

Amazon have just turned up with my parcel , flowers , chocs and prosecco. Poor guys were super apologetic but its not their fault
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YVqZecjZw782PvyB7

Soldato
This is whats annoying me most , if it wasn't for the camera i wouldn't of known / been told its my fault for allowing the porch to be used / been out of pocket.

Amazon have just turned up with my parcel , flowers , chocs and prosecco. Poor guys were super apologetic but its not their fault
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YVqZecjZw782PvyB7

Damage limitation, I would still phone police on the non emergency number. Who know how many other people that driver has done this to.

Back
Top Bottom