Amazon driver delivered parcel ... stole another !

Man of Honour
Damage limitation, I would still phone police on the non emergency number. Who know how many other people that driver has done this to.

He was pretty casual about it - so either has done this a fair bit to other people before or it was a genuine mistake (unlikely but still).

Associate
What a joke, glad you got it sorted. I have an amazon locker a 5min walk from my house so use that if I can. Saves them waking me up when I'm on nights

Man of Honour
This whole situation really doesn't sound like theft, with the driver immediately confirming he took it and returning it (I'm guessing unopened?)

Sounds far more like a slightly dopey/confused driver thinking he was picking up a return item and then realising that was not the case......

Associate
This whole situation really doesn't sound like theft, with the driver immediately confirming he took it and returning it (I'm guessing unopened?)

Sounds far more like a slightly dopey/confused driver thinking he was picking up a return item and then realising that was not the case......
If it was a return he would have known about collecting a return item and would have had to scan it.

Associate
OP

Nope it was opened , they returned it in one of their amazon boxes :)

Soldato

This I agree with. I think he might have been new or just a bit stupid and assumed that due to another package being left there he just picked it up assuming it was a return. If he is not from the UK and has only recently arrived for example he just may not know the logistics of doing the job.

Let's face it, they will employ anyone these days.

Soldato
You'd think with cameras being everywhere now that people wouldn't be this dumb.

I bet they have still sacked the guy even though it was returned. They can't trust him now. Amazon will have been on to them because it's made them look bad.

Man of Honour
If it was a return he would have known about collecting a return item and would have had to scan it.
I know this, but 12 years in the logistics industry has told me that drivers do not always follow this routine. I've had many, many instances of drivers bringing back random boxes that have been left out that were not intended for us.

Associate
Yeah true and unfortunately Amazon pay the driver peanuts so its no surprise they scrape the barrel, but it helps keep prices down

Man of Honour

I've had drivers come to the door with multiple parcels (for different houses on the street) before and put them down to sort out mine - so slight possibility he thought he'd had the other parcel in hand approaching in an absent minded moment but the rest of the facts don't really support that. The only reason I really considered it was how casual the whole thing was but I suspect as others have posted it is probably because it isn't the first time he has done something like this.

Back
Top Bottom