What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Removed the flies from the Beemer acquired during the ride to Le Mans (yeah, haven't used it since the MotoGP), gave it a bit of a once over and rode to Box Hill.

Lovely weather, frustratingly packed roads, tired wrists! :)

Associate
Didn't do it today but last weekend, fitted a Ram mount to my ZX6R so I can mount my phone and use Google maps for navigation. Best thing I can think of that I've brought for a while. I got the clutch/brake mount with short arm and the X-grip. Used it twice so far to get me from Stoke to conkers campsite and back and then today to get me from Stoke to Penderosa/Horseshoe pass then onto JS at Northwich and then back home. Recommended. I'll post pics if anyone's interested.

Also fitted a USB charger to the side of the Ram air intake.

Man of Honour
Didn't do it today but last weekend, fitted a Ram mount to my ZX6R so I can mount my phone and use Google maps for navigation. Best thing I can think of that I've brought for a while. I got the clutch/brake mount with short arm and the X-grip. Used it twice so far to get me from Stoke to conkers campsite and back and then today to get me from Stoke to Penderosa/Horseshoe pass then onto JS at Northwich and then back home. Recommended. I'll post pics if anyone's interested.

Also fitted a USB charger to the side of the Ram air intake.

That's the second best bike related purchase I've made after the SW-Motech tank bag.

Soldato
The RS got 'modified' by a careless driver:

48168359166_3832f4c271_b.jpg

:(

Was having a great weekend - Saturday was fun on Fish Hill, and Sunday was a ride to the Brecons - this happened on the B4235 heading to Usk. We had stopped as there had been a bike vs SUV in the other direction, so parked our bikes up to help out (literally just happened) - poor bloke on a Fireblade had broken his leg.

Some 20-30 minutes later the Police had taken control, so asked people to clear the scene - that was when the 4x4 driver tried pulling a turn in the road and drove into my bike.

Mainly cosmetic damage, but would still guesstimate the repairs will be around a grand - front mudguard and the exhaust were the worst hit - the former scuffed to buggery and distorted, and the latter scraped up with a hole through the carbon end cap.

Bit of an arse end to an otherwise cracking weekend of riding - but these things happen, just waiting on the insurance to process everything, and hopefully not to go giving me a 125 :D

Soldato
Must be something in the air, I’ve broke a bone in my knee and have been in hospital since, waiting for an MRI with a view to having surgery and getting it plated. I was only doing about 15mph (off-road), foot caught the ground and hyper extended.

Soldato
Ooops! Glad it was a stationary accident though and you didn't get injuried @Scort !

Sorry to hear that @Lakeland get well soon! Hyperextension whilst riding sounds horrendous!
It’s mega painful and it just seems to keep getting worse. When it first happened I managed to restart the bike and ride part of the course to get back to my car, right now I can barely sit up. Waiting for scan results now so I can find out what they’re going to do with me

Soldato
Ooops! Glad it was a stationary accident though and you didn't get injuried @Scort !

Yeah, I wasn't too ****** when he did it - was nothing in comparison to what the bloke who crashed was going through. At least the crash bungs did their job and kept damage to a minimum.

It’s mega painful and it just seems to keep getting worse. When it first happened I managed to restart the bike and ride part of the course to get back to my car, right now I can barely sit up. Waiting for scan results now so I can find out what they’re going to do with me

Sounds like utter bloody agony - I'd imagine you're going to be on horse-strenght painkillers!

Soldato
Yeah, I wasn't too ****** when he did it - was nothing in comparison to what the bloke who crashed was going through. At least the crash bungs did their job and kept damage to a minimum.

Sounds like utter bloody agony - I'd imagine you're going to be on horse-strenght painkillers!
It’s torture, I can barely move because of the pain. Hopefully the op sorts it! I’ve been on codeine and liquid morphine :p

Soldato
Well, what didn’t we do today?!

SV; removed fairings, spark plug change, air filter change, oil filter change, oil drained and replaced. Then I tried to start it to check the oil level and it wouldn’t start; brilliant :( Guessed that it was a battery too low on charge so we dragged the battery out and chucked it on the optimate for a few hours. Had to disconnect the headlights too to get it started up.

Anywho, then front and rear brake pads replaced, again front and rear brakes bled and nice new fluid dragged through, old exhaust clamps removed(with brute force and ignorance) and replaced with nice new fresh ones.

After this I tried the battery again and finally she fired up and sounded lovely. Fairings replaced and tidied up; she is almost ready to be sold in a few weeks time; just needs another quick clean and check of basic stuff ie tyre pressures.

Finalllyyyyyyyyyyy, gave the XJ a quick wash and went up to Three Sisters Circuit near Wigan. Never been up there before it they were doing a bike event which gives you 10 minutes on track for £12. So, I had just the single session but really enjoyed it. First time I’ve taken the XJ on track and pegs were scraping alllllll the way round it felt like. I’ve had the pilot road 5’s on for 7 days now and chicken strip on the rear are non-existent :D

Soldato

New exhaust for the 250 Rally, decided against spending £340 on the Arrow and went with this for £175, need to get used to having a proper sounding exhaust again after using the stock one for months.

Soldato
Yeah it's loud, it might be only as loud as my arrow on my old 125 but after using the stock pipe since January it seems really loud, might look at something a bit quieter.

Caporegime
Nice, is it very loud?

These always look nice as a second bike/commuter but then I drift off and look at the Africa Twin... hell I even quite like the look of the X-ADV... I need help :p

I’ll likely be buying an X-ADV in the next year or two, they’re ridiculously practical and great fun in London.

Associate
Fitted a De-cat to my MT10, also had it remapped. What a difference! Not only does it sound much better, but the remap has transformed how the bike responds to throttle control, so much smoother especially in the corners mid-lean.

Also fitted a evotech tail tidy, very fiddly job but well worth it once complete. Of course needed a slightly smaller number plate, so went with a 8”x6” plate.

Back
Top Bottom