• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9900k / 9700k or something else

TrM

TrM

Associate
i really don't think which cpu you go for will give you a bad experiance to be honest.

Intel 9700k and itel 9900k at the moment are the out right fastest amd 2700x and 2600x arn't as fast And i expect the 3900x and 3800x etc to be slightly behind I9 9900k and the 9900ks chips But i think The differnce will be small maybe 1-3fps at 1080p in majority of games and in the case of far cry well that game doesn't like amd period lol.

With the gap being so small at 1080p Going for amd or intel top cpus both will give amazing gaming performance ANd if you decide to game at 1440p 144hz or 4k the gaming performance is the same across the board the gpu will become the deciding factor between the lastest amd or intel cpu.

with xbox two and ps5 coming out next year with so many promises which i dont belive But they will be pushing 4k more then anything else pc will try do the same

my advice is go with what you feel you can not go wrong with 9th gen intel or 3rd gen ryzen

Soldato
It's not always great to be a sheep, but sometimes the flock is heading in the right direction towards some tasty goodies.

Buy a ryzen 3000 series :p

Caporegime
I had a 9900k .....sold it and will going 3900x

AMD will be rewarded for their innovation...12/24 for the same cost as 8/16 intel and comparable gaming perforce is win..

Hence why intel are cutting the price of their chips...

I refuse to be a chump and be manipulated by Intel's drip feed ethos....

Which is now being discussed IN HOUSE with intel employees...

Caporegime
With the money you receive as an Intel shill you can afford an AMD 12 or 16 core. :D

its all good and well having 16+ cores what does that matter when you gaming. its like wearing ice skates to a bowling alley. :D

you want the tool for the job. people keep ribbing intel cause amd might have multicore advantage. so what ? if you only game you need 6 currently with high single core ipc and 8 core in the future. that will last you3-5 years. by the time 12+ is relevant the whole amd chip arcitechture will be obsolete.

buy what you need.

Caporegime
its all good and well having 16+ cores what does that matter when you gaming. its like wearing ice skates to a bowling alley. :D

you want the tool for the job. people keep ribbing intel cause amd might have multicore advantage. so what ? if you only game you need 6 currently with high single core ipc and 8 core in the future. that will last you3-5 years. by the time 12+ is relevant the whole amd chip arcitechture will be obsolete.

buy what you need.

BS post

TrM

TrM

Associate

buy what you need.

you make it sound like intel ipc advantage in games is massive and amd is not in the same league The advantage intel had before ryzen was large and amd for gaming was a major dissavanatage but since ryzen 1st gen intel havent had that much of a lead.

it doesnt matter if you go for current amd or intel cpu gaming will be very good on both systems and if you game at or above 1440p Both will be within 1% on most games.

Caporegime

two letters ? im all for a debate but BS ?

how is it BS ?

gaming wise 6 core with high frequency single core is all thats needed. in maybe a year or two it will be same but with 8 core.

which intel already have covered. so what is BS ? if we look at the new amd cpus what are they tryin to sell to you ? they are trying to sell you multicore ! that you need it . do you really need it ?

Caporegime
you make it sound like intel ipc advantage in games is massive and amd is not in the same league The advantage intel had before ryzen was large and amd for gaming was a major dissavanatage but since ryzen 1st gen intel havent had that much of a lead.

it doesnt matter if you go for current amd or intel cpu gaming will be very good on both systems and if you game at or above 1440p Both will be within 1% on most games.

good yes but the new amd cpus are basically level with a 7700 to 8700 non k varient in games. they are 2 years old. or more. a i5 8600k is shown to be beating even the newest amd cpus in games. so....how do you think a 9700k does and a 9900k and the newer 9900 cpu does in games ? they are further ahead again.

people keep calling intel shills or intel this that how are they anything but ahead in what you want in games ? im all for championing what you like but i dont get the amd super crowd who are happy to pay over the odds to be second best.

you or those who buy them have just been marketed finessed out of your money to buy two year old intel performance. they done it so well that people are even defending them...and paying over the odds. even dearer than a intel rival cpu. yet its good value. even funnier that the faster intel chip is being lowered in price. thats right lowered. so its better value and faster in games yet amd loyals are gunna mop up them expensive slower cpus..then continue. how i feel for you eazy. had a 9900k for gaming sold it to pay even more for a slower gaming cpu.

Soldato
two letters ? im all for a debate but BS ?

how is it BS ?

gaming wise 6 core with high frequency single core is all thats needed. in maybe a year or two it will be same but with 8 core.

which intel already have covered. so what is BS ? if we look at the new amd cpus what are they tryin to sell to you ? they are trying to sell you multicore ! that you need it . do you really need it ?

It’s BS because you know what you’re saying is BS.

TrM

TrM

Associate
good yes but the new amd cpus are basically level with a 7700 to 8700 non k varient in games. they are 2 years old. or more. a i5 8600k is shown to be beating even the newest amd cpus in games. so....how do you think a 9700k does and a 9900k and the newer 9900 cpu does in games ? they are further ahead again.

people keep calling intel shills or intel this that how are they anything but ahead in what you want in games ? im all for championing what you like but i dont get the amd super crowd who are happy to pay over the odds to be second best.

you or those who buy them have just been marketed finessed out of your money to buy two year old intel performance. they done it so well that people are even defending them...and paying over the odds. even dearer than a intel rival cpu. yet its good value. even funnier that the faster intel chip is being lowered in price. thats right lowered. so its better value and faster in games yet amd loyals are gunna mop up them expensive slower cpus..then continue. how i feel for you eazy. had a 9900k for gaming sold it to pay even more for a slower gaming cpu.

his is a screenshot taken from my desktop of my pc setup
https://gyazo.com/7c6817450757789c336599571a6f49bd

right now the intel i9 9900k on most of my games will give me no benifit i game at 1440p on a 2080 Will never pay 1k for a gpu. But at 1440p the gpu is decididng factor You talk about intel lead in ipc and clock speed as being the deciding factor when if you have a 1440p or 4k montor Amd and intel are equal As its our gpu that limits our fps.

All i have said is intel lead has gotten smaller and smaller with each generation. Never mind the cores or clock speed But with the way the market is changing and console gaming will make 4k the norm. PC will follow suite.

The 2700x gave a lot more value then intel did Partly due to shortage the other intel higher price Caused the 9900k to not make sence yes its faster! yes its proberly gonna be faster then the 3900x. Yes amd gives you more cores But still charging the same price as i9 9900k (at annoucment i know intel have cut prices since) And for people who do more on there pc then just game is very good reason to choose amd. But intels lead is only at lower resolutions not 1440p and above only if the 3080ti comes out and can do 144hz at 4k and still have room left in the tank. AMd and intel cpu won't matter for gaming as the gpu will be the main problem

Now at the end of the day if my 2700x at 1440p offers the same performance as 9900k in majority of games how I am personally paying for second best?

Caporegime
how i feel for you eazy. had a 9900k for gaming sold it to pay even more for a slower gaming cpu.

Eh?

So now you are doubting my knowledge and experience in PC hardware?

You post this guff, when at my resolution the gains are non existent in gaming and when I video edit I will see my money go in the right direction due to having more cores for the same price as a 9900k...

Mate...I can destroy your argument over and over again...

NEXT

Caporegime
you put BS i just elaborated. intel are faster in gaming period.

editing comes down to how much you want to pay and how fast you want to do it. you on a msi b450 from your sig does that even fully cater for the top end amd new cpus ? are the vrms toasty ?

Associate

buy what you need.
If you'd taken the time to not react to what I wrote but to comprehend it you'd have grasped that I'd said they'd be able to afford to buy a Zen2 12 or 16 core.
What they actually do with their shill money is something else.
Maybe they would put it towards buying a Fender Custom Shop Strat! Something cool as opposed to some ephemeral piece of nothingness.

Caporegime
you put BS i just elaborated. intel are faster in gaming period.

editing comes down to how much you want to pay and how fast you want to do it. you on a msi b450 from your sig does that even fully cater for the top end amd new cpus ? are the vrms toasty ?

Gaming also comes down to how much you want to pay and how fast you want it to...But at 1440p super wide and above the gaming gains are insignificant....So that is why I can quash you every single time...and TBH DG you are become boring...

See....This is your problem....You dont have the knowledge in place, Your are blinkered...

I bought a 9900k clocked it, tested it, benched it...

Then sold it for what I paid...I bought an MSI Pro Carbon AC and a stop Gap £120 2600 that I clocked to 4.2ghz all cores....Was the 9900k worth £400 more ? Nope...was the Z390 Asus Rog mobo worth £250 over the £119 MSI? Absolutely not.

Is the VRM up to the challenge of a 3900x 12/24 chip? Yep....Is it up up for the 16/32 3950x ? Yep

Thats one of the reasons I bought the MSI Pro Carbon in the first place....to plonk in a 12/24 thread chip..Capiche?

NEXT

Soldato
That's the danger of reading the forum on my phone when not logged in.

I could read all of DGs posts on here. (I have him on ignore when signed in).

What absolute tripe he is still peddeling. 31 thousand posts of absolute guff.

Back
Top Bottom