• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Soldato
Bit naughty just posting the Pro's Boom don't ya think? For clarity the Con's;

• Noisy in gaming
  • Overclocking is complicated
  • Driver bugs
  • High temperatures
  • No support for ray-tracing acceleration
  • No idle fan stop
  • High multi-monitor power draw
  • CrossFire no longer supported

No idle fan stop...:rolleyes:

In this day and age!

Yet again the early bird catches pneumonia....

Soldato

• Noisy in gaming
  • Driver bugs
  • High temperatures
  • No idle fan stop

OC3D -
It's worth noting that with our pre-release drivers the fan profile for the RX 5700 wasn't quite setup right and so without any tweaking we were seeing temperatures approaching 93°C. By setting the card to run at 50% fans all the time we not only managed to drop the temperatures significantly but also saved 30W at the wall. Our temperature and power graphs also show in the clearest possible manner how much more efficient the new 7nm process is when compared to even other recent Radeon cards. This pair are seriously cool and kind to your energy usage, yet without compromising performance to attain those figures. By the time you read this the launch drivers will be available and this should solve the problem without you needing to do anything

Is this forum so fickle to forget the first run RTX 2080Ti, which blew up on day 1?

Soldato
Well, if you are ignoring Techpowerup's figures because they are Nvidia biased, surely you have ignore Adored's figures because he is AMD biased?

Most of the reviews have temps higher than 80 degrees.

In the side by side videos, I have seen so far the GPU core is low 70s! Like the good review, sites have reported. Since when is Adored AMD biased? maybe at the start, I would agree but lately, he has done nothing but prise Nvidia.
Techpowerup results are well of the mark and deserve the backlash. XT is not even close to 90c

Soldato
I agree. The price of the RTX line up is stupid too.

AMD are just adding to the issue, just nearly a year later on!

No they are not - the RX5700XT is for sale now at £380, the RTX 2070 was launched for £100 for a custom card and over £500 for the FE one. It was taken AMD to stop the greed and the FU from Nv to the people who keep them in business.

Caporegime
It reaches 45dB under load, same noise volume as the loud Vega64 blower. I thought AMD had worked on the noise level, they certainly stated they had in the video I watched!!!

Soldato

• Noisy in gaming
  • Driver bugs
  • High temperatures
  • No idle fan stop

It was a link to the whole review, point being they said it beats the RTX 2080. (The part I highlighted)

That guy suggested the RTX 2070 was faster in most games, which is what I was responding too lol.

No clairty needed lol.

Associate
Its an AMD turkey, running around between the 2070 and 2070s the 2070 is EOL and when the 2080s lands its out of reach of it. so its competitors are the 2060s and 2070s and EOL cards like the 2070. yes its cheaper than but lacks the features. and if AMD commit to a launch where again the driver is broken with overclcocking
then they learnt nothing from the VII launch with the same thing. its a vega 56 vega 64 replacement offering 15% + better performance.

I hope the drivers do improve, but its the first reviews that stay on the web and it looks mid range at best. AMD should have fully working drivers for launch so the reviews can offer better results and not only that at stock is where most run there cards.

Caporegime
No they are not - the RX5700XT is for sale now at £380, the RTX 2070 was launched for £100 for a custom card and over £500 for the FE one. It was taken AMD to stop the greed and the FU from Nv to the people who keep them in business.

Just scanning HUKD and you could get a custom cooled RTX2070 for ~£430 during black friday a few months after release.

I'm sorry, but this release from AMD is dull as anything.

It is around the same performance, with no ray tracing, for very little saving (especially considering when both cards were released).

Just for the record, i think the RTX pricing was/is terrible, but then AMD are just following suit which is very disappointing.

If AMD wanted to make an impact, this thing should have been £300. That would have really taken the fight to Nvidia.

Soldato
Its an AMD turkey, running around between the 2070 and 2070s the 2070 is EOL and when the 2080s lands its out of reach of it. so its competitors are the 2060s and 2070s and EOL cards like the 2070. yes its cheaper than but lacks the features. and if AMD commit to a launch where again the driver is broken with overclcocking
then they learnt nothing from the VII launch with the same thing. its a vega 56 vega 64 replacement offering 15% + better performance.

I hope the drivers do improve, but its the first reviews that stay on the web and it looks mid range at best. AMD should have fully working drivers for launch so the reviews can offer better results and not only that at stock is where most run there cards.

Nvidia panicked so much they EOL a 6 month old card...... and a huge SCREW YOU to the consumer. Why are you so emotionally attached to this company? Do you work for them?

Soldato
Just scanning HUKD and you could get a custom cooled RTX2070 for ~£430 during black friday a few months after release.

I'm sorry, but this release from AMD is dull as anything.

It is around the same performance, with no ray tracing, for very little saving (especially considering when both cards were released).

Which is a 1 day sale, and at a loss, and is still more expensive than the card for sale right now - £50 less, on OCUL. Whats your point? Could care less for ray tracing, only avaialble in 5 titles and broken in at elast 2 of those. DLSS makes the screen a blurry mess.

As for cost:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-199-pc.html

and in BF:V is faster than the double the price RTX 2080

Soldato
Only had a quick look but at 1440P faster than a 1080 Ti in a few cases(5700XT). I'm not a fan of the "fine wine" talk but they can probably improve them a bit further. £120 less than some want for a used 1080 Ti (£500). Doesn't seem so bad to me for a brand new component with no quibbles warranty
Which review are you looking at? Looked at hexus and the 1080ti is ahead :confused:

Associate
Tbf AMD driver guy does all he can, and has been pulling 100hr weeks lately ;)

We gotta cut him some slack!!

AMD driver guy needs a buddy then, as poor drivers for release is certain to put people off as its the numbers that count on reviews, and reviews stay online from release day to read.

Nvidia panicked so much they EOL a 6 month old card...... and a huge SCREW YOU to the consumer. Why are you so emotionally attached to this company? Do you work for them?

I dont work for them but wanted more from navi than it delivers.

Soldato
The reviews of the cooler from the 2060 Super and 2070 Super are nothing but positive......

Agreed, I’ve had a founders 2080Ti on air and they are good quality coolers. Much better than the 1080/1080Ti blowers which were like hair driers. And to be honest not much hotter or louder than most of the other AIB cards released months later.

Guy clearly hasn’t owned one.

Soldato
Which review are you looking at? Looked at hexus and the 1080ti is ahead :confused:
Not sure, I just quickly skimmed a few. At 1440P there was at least one review showing the 5700XT slightly ahead of the 1080 Ti in a few cases. Seems fairly close though overall with the 1080 Ti ahead however.
The other poster is right about comparing to 2 year old tech but £450-£500 for a used 1080 Ti or £380 or so for a brand new 5700 XT I know which one I'd go for.
There are of course other options though thanks to Nvidia dropping prices and releasing Super edition.
I'm tempted to try one in a spare PC I must admit, probably why I'm trying to look favourably at them :p

Back
Top Bottom