DDR4 3600 c16 Memory ?

Associate
Hi all

Anyone know where or if you can get corsair 3600 c16 DDR4 Memory in 4x8 or 2x16 as i just can not find any which i am suprised at.

thanks for any help on this

OcUK Staff
Corsair has almost no b die stock compared to vendors who buy direct the screened b die direct. Hence vert few sku can achieve this.

Why corsair over team group or gskill for rgb. I mean much more stringent quality ic selection, higher quality pcb etc...

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for the help. I have not built a pc in a few years and always bought Corsair as I thought it was high quality memory.

So are you saying there is better built better reliability and very good manufacturing of ram than Corsair ?

It’s a new learning curve as I have not built a system in about 9 years.

What would you consider as good high spec ram than Corsair. As I don’t like getting poor quality components but still has to be a fair price. As some ram is just a joke on price.

And has Corsair went down hill ? not to bothered about RGB ram

And what is b die stock and why do Corsair not use it for a well known company.

Thanks

Associate
OP
can anyone help ? what sort of memory do i need for the new ryzen as it seems to be 3600 with c16-c17 or 3200 using c14 can anyone recomend a very good quality memory set ? also would it be better to fill all slots or just use 2 slots is there any benifit from using 2 or 4 sticks .

thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks. Never herd of team group before are these a good company? Also what’s best for the Ryzen 3000 series 2x16 or 4x8 kits or does it not matter.

Was looking at 3600 memory but very expensive as I was wanting 32gb.

Associate
I would pickup the 8-Pack 3600MHz CL16 kit asap as there has been rumours that Samsung B-Die production is ending, whilst I haven’t picked up a Ryzen 3XXX yet I did pickup a second 8-Pack kit just in case. As for the memory the 8-Pack kits they are rock solid so if you don’t need RGB then they are the best choice.

@8 Pack Is there any truth to the “rumours” of B-Die production ending as per Anandtech article?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14327/samsung-to-end-b-die-ddr4-memory

Soldato
I would pickup the 8-Pack 3600MHz CL16 kit asap as there has been rumours that Samsung B-Die production is ending, whilst I haven’t picked up a Ryzen 3XXX yet I did pickup a second 8-Pack kit just in case. As for the memory the 8-Pack kits they are rock solid so if you don’t need RGB then they are the best choice.

@8 Pack Is there any truth to the “rumours” of B-Die production ending as per Anandtech article?

There is 3600 CL14 8 Pack RAM coming by the end of the month, you might want to wait for that.

Associate
OP
not to interested in overclocking as i read that ryzen needs 3200 c14 or 3600 c16, alos i sril dont know if its better to use 2 sticks or 4 sticks ? or doe sit not matter

Associate
2 sticks is best, 4 sticks = double trouble , double the chance of fail
2 stick more compatible than 4. less power draw....less work, I can go on :)

for "Ryzen", Always best to go with a Kit of 2 sticks like 8 x 8 or 16 x 16, 32 x 32

Even if you see a kit of 4 sticks... still best with the higher 2 sticks

Ryzen ITX boards well that's easy since only 2 Sticks any how :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks

let say i buy 2x16 and want to upgrade later on would i need to replace them or buy two more ? also if its that bad why do motherboard manufacturers put 4 slots on boards if there is compatible problems as i have seen many use 4 slots on videos.

just trying to figure out why thats all as somtimes the higher 2 sticks have a higher cas.

what does 2 sticks like 8 x 8 or 16 x 16, 32 x 32 mean ?

thanks

Last edited:
Associate

If true it would be because Samsung have something better/newer.

Back
Top Bottom